Tell me where it hurts

Thirty

Samantha

"I'm sorry for the sexual assault those years ago."

Her tears fell as those words kept on bouncing on her head. She did not realized that she pushed the door close.

Two sets of eyes turned to her. In her blurry sight, she saw the surprise then fear reflected on her brother's dark brown eyes. The gray ones were stunned at her presence.

"H-how could you?" She asked in a cracked voice. She glowered at her brother. "Why?"

"Sam..."

"How could you?!" Anger laced in her words.

She approached her brother. Her hands seemed to have a mind of its own. The resounding echo of the slap crack the tense silence of the spacious office.

Her hands continue to slap his face on both sides. Her cries get louder.

Kevin did nothing to stop her assault. He stayed rooted in his feet as he stare at her in guilt.

Strong arms pulled her from her reverie. She is still trying to reach for Kevin.

"Baby, it's me." Her limbs weakened as she hear her whisper. She leaned on her warm embrace.

"I'm okay." Era said softly in her ear.

"How could he do that? How could he?" She whimpered.

She faced the tall woman. Era held her face at stared at her eyes in sadness. "I don't know, baby girl."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

She cried harder and hugged her tightly. She kept on repeating the apology.

Era embraced her back and kissed her head.

She did not know how long they stayed like that. When she finally went out of her trance, she was sitting at the couch in Era's receiving area. Kevin is nowhere to be seen.

She saw Era approaching. She have a glass of water in hand.

Heavy tears fell down her cheeks once again. Her throat already felt dry. She head throbbed from crying.

Era helped her drink the water slowly. It alleviates the thirst but the anguish in her heart continues.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I don't know how to tell you."

She sobbed when she heard that. "No, Era. It's not your fault. Kevin deserved no forgiveness."

Her heart clenched with pain. Pain for Era. For what she had to go through. Pain for the dreadful thing her brother has done.

She put her arm around Era. She pressed her face in her shoulder. Era moved her so that she would sit astride her lap.

Everything fell into place now. This is the reason why Era disappeared from the night of the party. This is the reason why Era went MIA on her those weeks ago.

Everything is clear now. And it hurts. A lot.