PROLOGUE

"MISS James, everything has been done according to plan."

"Thank you."

Era dropped the call. She has been waiting for that specific report. Now, she felt good. Karma wass indeed a bitch to those people that supposed to act human but rather acted like an animal.

She put her phone back in her purse. She took a lungful of fresh air as she looked at the wide span of water surrounding the lake in front of her.

She often visited here to have a little piece of peace in her busy life. However, this time she felt nostalgic since she missed Jackie.

She left her office after the toxic meeting with the staff. They had a problem with one of the projects in the South. The company encountered a few bumps before and she knew that this could get dirty.

She put her hair behind her ear when the wind blows. A few strands flew out of the messy bun she made a while ago. The afternoon sun was almost down that in an hour darkness will fall and hide the beauty of the park where she sat.

As she looked around, only a few people were loitering the area. Some individuals were having their afternoon jog and some others were almost leaving.

Her eyes fell to a lonely woman in the other bench near hers. She was oblivious of the people around her. Her mind seems faraway.

She blinked when she noticed the tears that flows at the woman's cheeks. The said woman did not bother to wipe those tears away.

This was actually a first time that Era noticed another person sitting in the bench beside hers. Often, a group or a couple would sit there and chatter. Most of the time she was the only one the area. Not that it matters that she was alone.

The sun was almost down. She stood up and open her purse.

She went to the nearby bench to approached the woman. She offered her hankie.

She heard her sniff before looking up.

She meet a pair of light brown eyes. Her lashes were wet from tears. Her pointed nose was a little red.

She gave her a smile as she moved her outstretched hand. The woman picked up the hankie.

She then turned her back and walked away. Dusk embrace the perfection of the park.