Ghosting

Twenty Six

Samantha

EVERYTHING is unclear. Eversince the party held in her hometown she and Era barely talk. She could count in one hand the number of times they talked. That said talks happened over the phone and that was because she made the call.

A couple of weeks. That was the last time she saw her. It has been two long weeks since the party, too.

She had no idea why this is happening. No matter how much she tried to recall the events of that night she could not remember anything that could trigger Era to do this. Her family was civil to her even her mother.

When she arrived from her vacation she informed Era through a text message that she arrived home safe. She received a short 'ok.' It was all right. She thought that her girlfriend might be in a meeting. However, when evening came there was no Era in her apartment.

Samantha got caught up with other things until she noticed that Era never reached out to her for days. The last call that she received from her was prior to her vacation and the messages was mainly from her and no replies from Era herself.

She went to Era's office twice. Ally informed her that her boss was not there the first time she went there. Apparently, she had a meeting held in another location. The second time, Era was visiting a project site.

When she made phone calls to her mobile phone, her call remain unanswered. No return call either.

She is not dense to realize that Era did not want to be found. However, this behavior is a little immature. It is a little insulting though that Era chose to avoid her that tell her in the face whatever those things that her set off to behave like this.

Nevertheless, Samantha get the message.

A quick two weeks had passed. Samantha stopped sending message nor made a single phone call towards Era.

Perhaps their rendezvous is done. Maybe she is not enough for the great Era Delilah James. Samantha thought that their relationship would last a little longer since they started just fine.

With a heavy sigh, Samantha opened her apartment. This will be another long night.