Friendship over Bourbon

Seven

9:00 pm
Your offer still stand?

9:05 pm
Yes.

9:06 pm
Do you have anything
stronger than coffee?

9:10 pm
Yes.

9:11 pm
Tell your receptionist that
I'm expected.

9:18 pm
Done.

Era glanced at her watch when she heard the knock on her door. Fifteen minutes before ten in the evening.

She opened the door when she saw the person she was expecting.

A woman in a black hoddie and skinny jeans was standing in front of her. Without saying anything, she opened the door wider.

The petite woman walked inside her nest.

She followed her but moved directly to the mini bar. She opened the cabinet holding the spirited drinks.

She selected one and get two glasses from another cabinet. She poured the liquid in the glasses and went back to the visitor.

The woman made herself comfortable in one of the upholstered sofa in the living room. She noticed that she already removed the hoddie.

She offered the drink.

"Thank you."

Era nodded before she settled herself in front of her. The coffee table separates them.

"My name is Sam."

"Nice to meet you, Sam." She said and offered a toast. They nodded at each other before clinking their glasses.

"Do you plan on getting wasted tonight?"

"Yes."

Era stand again and get the bottle from the island of the mini bar. She put it on top of the coffee table.

Sam drink her glass in one go and poured another.

Era study the woman in front of her as she sipped her drink in hand.

The first impression she had on her did not change. Sam was indeed beautiful.

The auburn curly hair covered Sam's shoulder. Since the petite woman almost finished half of the liquor, her rosy cheeks enhanced her small but rounded face. Her button nose compliment her bow shaped lips.

"Why aren't you drinking?" Her visitor asked. Her voice was a little slur.

"One of us should be sober."

"You don't talk much."

"Yes."

Sam made an incoherent sound before finishing another glass. She poured another.

"This is good."

"I'm glad you like it."

Not another sound surround them until Era heard a sob.

Sam was hugging her knees. Her long hair covered her face as she bowed her head.

"I have two strong arms."

Sam stood up and sat astride her. Her soft cries were muffled as she pressed her face in the taller woman's shoulder.

Era put her arms around the crying woman. She hoped that her arms would bring comfort and helped ease her pain.