Do you have plans?

Ten

"A contraband was restrained in the busy street of St. George capital. Police officers Reilley and Bush stopped a six-wheeler truck and asked the driver to open the container van.

"Having received a call from a concerned citizen, the Chief officer of precinct 2903 uphold a search of the cargo truck with questionable shipment.

"The officers found that the container van has two Bengal tigers. This animal is commonly found in India and Nepal. The authority searched for the documents of the shipment but the driver was not able to present the paper.

"The authority will..."

Era turned the television off before turning her body to the woman that sat beside her.

Sam raised her left brow and stared back.

"I'm also watching the news."

"It's depressing."

"What is depressing about it? They found the illegal shipment. The authority will do something about it."

Era laid her back in the cushioned chair and make herself comfortable.

"The more pressing issue is, how did the shipment reach this country?"

Sam has no counter reaction. They both sigh instead.

"Can we not argue about anything on the news?" The petite woman asked.

She also laid down on the sofa and put her feet on top of Era's lap. Without objection, the tall woman massaged the palm of Sam's foot.

Sam closed her eyes and released a contented sigh.

"Sammy?"

"Hmm?"

"Don't you want to go back to work?"

Era recalled that Sam used to work as a personal secretary. To make the story short, she fell in love with her boss. One thing led to another, she became the other woman. The relationship lasted for about a year before her conscience ate her alive.

"Am I becoming a nuisance?"

"No."

"There is a big possibility that my ex and I will be seeing each other if I work again. I'm trying to move on. Not seeing him helps."

Era can feel the sadness in her friend's voice. She perfectly understood her.

"Do you hate him?"

"No. I knew from the very start that he's married. I fell for his charms." Sam released a deep sigh. "I'm not proud of what I did. I just admit my mistakes. I cannot change my past but I want to move on from it."

Era smiled. "And I'm proud of you."

Sam glaced at her and returned her smile. "I'm picking up the pieces of myself. Thank you, Era."

"You're welcome, baby girl."

If not for her fast reflexes, Sam's foot would have make a mark in her cheek. She hates that endearment.