Skeleton in the closet

Twenty Nine

"BOSS, your ten o'clock is here."

Era nodded at Ally. She put the document aside as she wait.

She sighed when she heard the door close. She leaned on her chair before looking at the person who enter the office.

He changed a lot. Physically, he is very attractive. He has clean shaven face. He has lean physique. He seemed dignified. If they do not have a past, she would be deceived.

"Why are you here, Mr. Miller?" She asked while he was glancing around the office.

He laid his eyes on her. He sent a smile her way.

"We're not properly introduce."

"Really?"

She saw his Adam's apple moved. However, the smile stayed in his lips.

"So, you and my sister?" He continue.

She stared at him intently. He was the one who look away.

"Why are you here?"

She watched him take a deep breath before responding. "I knew we started on the wrong foot but-----"

She chuckled before he could finish his statement. He frowned at her.

"Stop wasting our time. Why are you here?" She said on a serious note.

He sighed. Frustration is starting to outline his face.

"I'm sorry, okay. Whatever happened to us those years ago, I apologize." He said.

His hands were on his side. He rubbed his right palm in his thigh. Knowing that she made him anxious Era feel better already.

"What happened those years ago?"

"I was young and stupid. I didn't know better-----"

"What exactly happened those years ago, Mr. Miller?" She inquired. Stopping his words.

Kevin looked down. He seemed to be fighting with himself. She noticed how his jaw clenched.

"What exactly happened those years ago?" She pressed on.

Annoyance etched his face but quickly passed. "I'm sorry that I bullied you."

"Oh, that?" She shrugged.

"I'm friends with wrong people back then but I'm a changed man now."

She stared at him without uttering a word until he started fidgeting in his feet.

"Why are you here, Mr. Miller?" She asked over again. This conversation is starting to piss her off.

Irritation marked his face. With gritted teeth, he retorted. "What do you want from me? There is a reason why you suddenly showed up on the night of my proclamation party."

Finally, they get to the gist of this tête-à-tête.

She smirked. "What do you want from me?" She countered.

"How much do you want?"

She laughed. The nerve of this guy. She shook her head and pronounced. "This conversation is over."

She looked down and open the folder on top of the nearest file.

It did not surprise her when Kevin approached and pound the table.

"I'm sorry, okay?! What do you want me to do?"

"We've been running around, Mr. Miller. Tell me, what are you apologizing for?" She stated without glancing at him. Her eyes were on the opened folder.

"You knew where those apologies for?"

"Refresh my mind, Mr. Miller." She continue looking at the letter on the pages as she wait for his next statement.

"For the sexual assault." He whispered.

"Pardon?"

"I'm sorry for the sexual assault those years ago." He repeated louder.

She lifted her face and stared at his red face. Finally, the cat is out of the bag.