Missing her

Twelve

"EVERYTHING alright, boss?"

Era smiled at Ally as a respond. Their meeting with the financial management has been concluded. They were the only one left in the conference room.

"Coffee?" Her secretary asked when they reach Ally's working area.

"Please." She answered before entering the confinement of her own office.

Era was left alone again after the delivery of her coffee. She fished the mobile phone in the pocket of her coat.

She found herself disappointed when among the text messages she got there was none from the person she missed most.

She scrolled the names in her contacts. When she found the name of the person, she contemplated on calling her.

It has been two weeks since the fiasco in her place. They did not find the need to talk about it. They were fine that morning when they woke up. They had breakfast like they used do when Sam slept over.

However, they never heard from each other again. No morning greetings, no unexpected visits, no coffee invitations or drinking sessions. Nada.

She also did not get in touch since she got caught up with the new project the past week. There has been a ground breaking ceremony outside the State that her presence was necessary.

Sam must have been busy, too.

Or, did she get back with her ex? Has she been drinking again?

With troubled mind, she stood up. She approached Ally.

"Please reschedule my last appointment. Call me when needed. See you tomorrow."

Without bothering to wait for Ally's reply she walked towards the elevator and message her driver.

Dan was already waiting for her at the entrance of the building. He opened the door of the car as she approach. There were no words exchange between them since he already knew where they are going.

Dan stayed in the car when they reach their destination.

It's five o'clock in the afternoon. There were a few people that runs the perimeter of the park. Some were in bikes.

Era smiled as she arrived at her usual place. The other benches are occupied, too. The bench next to hers included. It was taken by a familiar woman. Her long curly hair was a dead give-away.

She marched silently. She occupied her bench. She considered the bench where she frequently as hers. She would put her name on it if it is not considered law breaking.

The serenity of the place embraced her. She easily found peace from the tranquility of the still waters.

She glanced at the other bench. The petite woman remained oblivious of her surroundings.

Seeing Sam today made her happy. It has been a very long couple of weeks.

She was glad, too, that Sam was no longer crying unlike the first time she saw her in this very place.

Era get her mobile phone. She typed a message.

5:10 PM
Would you like to have coffee
with me?

5:15 PM
I'm busy at the moment. Next
time.

Frowning, she peeked at the woman next to hers. Sam had her mobile phone in hand but her eyes were looking at the lake. Faraway like the first time Era saw her.

5:18 PM
I miss you, baby girl.

She did not received a reply after that. She stared at Sam until the later stood up and left. Era watched her walk away not sparing her a glance.