Rainy days on weekends

Five

THE drops of rain atop the hood of the car together with the squealing tires in the wet pavement were the only sounds that can be heard as Era travelled her way home.

It was four in the afternoon. The weather at the moment contradicts how it started today.

Her brows furrowed when she recognized the person walking a few meters away from them.

She asked Dan to slow down. He signaled and stirred the car beside the pavement.

Rain fell on her face when Era opened the window in her side.

"Do you need a ride?"

The woman in a black hoddie turned. Recognition reflected in her eyes when she saw Era.

"N-no. Thank you."

There was tremor in her voice.

The woman continue walking in the rain. The hoddie she was wearing was already wet. The curly hair that escaped from the hood was plastered in the side of her face.

Dan slowly followed the woman.

Era get the umbrella from the floor of the car. She told Dan to stop the car.

She sprinted as she went to the woman. The woman in the black hoddie walked like she has all the time in the world.

Era put the umbrella above their head as she walked beside her.

The woman stopped. She did, too.

At this proximity, Era noticed that she was taller than her by at least half a foot.

"Is Rudolf your brother?"

"W-what?"

She scratched her nape in embarrassment. Perks of her being a people person. Note the sarcasm.

"Would you like to have a cup of coffee?" She asked instead.

The woman looked at her in surprise. This time, Era scatched her brow.

"I'm not crazy and it's a little cold out here. It's weekend and I don't want to be in with my lonesome self." She said, almost babbling.

After looking at her face, the woman might have seen what she was looking for.

"Make it two." She said, almost in whisper but Era heard it clearly. She smiled as she waved at Dan.