Sunshine

Twenty One

AFTER a long deliberation with the different teams Era return to her office. She refused the coffee that Ally offer. She thinks that another cup of caffeine would make her afloat.

The first thing that she noticed when she enter the office was the bouquet of sunflower on top of the table. She ogle at the innocent flowers in wonder.

She reached for the card attached to the bouquet. A smile paint her lips when she read short note.

You're my ray of sunshine.
-Sammy girl

She went out of the office and approached the grinning employee.

"Who deliver the flowers?"

"The woman herself."

"What time?"

"An hour ago."

A little disappointed, she went back inside. However, upon seeing the flowers her good mood return.

She sat behind the table and get the mobile phone. She called the woman responsible for the beautiful flowers.

"Hello, baby girl." She greeted when the call get through.

"Hi."

"Thank you for the flowers. It's a first time that a woman gave me one."

"You're welcome."

"Where are you?" She asked when she noticed the noise on the other line.

"I'm running some errand. I'll tell you about it later."

"I like that. Dinner at my place?"

"No." Era laughed out loud when her response was immediate. "Come to my apartment after work."

"Yes, ma'am."

"See you later, James."

"Bye, baby girl."

With wider smile, Era put down the phone. She glance at the flowers again before opening the first folder on top of the file. The sunflowers indeed brighten up her day.

It was eight in the evening when she arrived at Samantha's apartment. She used the spare key given to her.

Upon opening the door, the wonderful smell of the cooking attacked her senses.

Her gorgeous girlfriend smiled at her when their eyes met. Samantha put the pasta on top of the table before walking toward her.

"Hi, baby."

The petite woman put her arms around her torso. Era hug the woman and leaned down for a kiss.

"I miss you, Sammy girl."

Sam beamed at her before letting go. "Let's have dinner."

She put her arm on Sam's shoulder and proceed to the dining table.

It is nice going home to this.