None of your business

Six

"

BOSS?"

Era lifted her head when she heard Ally. Her secretary was standing beside the office door.

Instead of answering her questioning stare, Ally smiled at her.

"A new girl?"

Era shrugged as an answer.

Through the years, Ally & her became friends. Aside from being a reliable employee Ally was also a great confidante.

Her secretary was there when she got her heart broken. During the office hours, they faced the consequences of Monique's betrayal. When the night came, Ally accompany her in her misery.

Ally is straight as a pole. From the very start, she made it clear. Moreover, Era never wanted to have an intimate relationship with a co-worker.

"I'm leaving in fifteen. Anything you want me to do?"

Ally closed the door when she shook her head.

Era returned her attention to the mobile phone in hand. A smile graced her lips when she read the message. Again.

4:00 pm

I'm sorry about this morning.
-sam

She took a deep breath as she recalled what happened this morning.

Flashback

Holding her coffee, Era slid herself  in a cushioned chair in a secluded part of  the coffee shop.

The petite girl wiped her tears before looking at her. The woman frowned when their eyes met.

"Are you stalking me?"

Era shook her head before sipping her coffee.

"I was about to go when I saw you. Is that the guy? I mean, the reason of those tears?"

"It's none of your business."

There was tremor in her voice despite its coldness.

"If he made you cry and didn't do anything to stop those tears, he's not worth it." Era said.

She get her pen from inside of her coat. She wrote something in the tissue paper that she got from the table between them.

"Call me in case you need someone to talk to. Don't worry, I don't charge by the minute."

Era reached for her coffee and left the woman to her thoughts.