Throwback

Nineteen

Samantha

A cup between her hands, Samantha watch the rain outside her window. It's a little after four in the afternoon.

It has been a week since the dinner in Era's place. It has been seven days, too, since she went there.

Often, she spent at least three times a week in Era's penthouse. Whenever she went there she would spend the night. She would wake up in the morning alone in bed though because Era is already in the office.

She knew the password. She can go to her place anytime. It was a privilege but she never go there without Era. She knew that she is welcome there anytime but going there without Era is like intruding someone's privacy.

However, something in her changes when she met the ex-girlfriend. Or, is it really an ex-girlfriend?

They knew each other for more than two months. Era was a huge help in her moving on process.

Leaving Henry was not easy for her. She fell in love with him through his thoughtfulness. He made her realized that she can be her. That she can make a life of her own without her mother breathing down her neck.

She was her mother's little girl. Her only girl. That's why it was hard for her mother to let her live in another State when she got the job in Turner Builders two years ago.

She was twenty three when she finally left under her mother's wings. With just a two-year job experience she sent an application in Turner Builders. Luckily, she got the position as a personal secretary of Engr. Henry Turner.

She have two older brothers. The eldest, Kevin, is older by eight years and the other is Liam. He is twenty-eight years old. Both of her siblings were married.

Her and Henry did not start flirting until she made it a year in the company. It started with having harmless dinner after an overtime work. It became a routine until they kissed when he brought her home.

She wanted to forget about the kiss but it happened again. Henry confessed that he loves me.

She told him that she felt the same but she did not want to become the mistress since she knew that he is married. Cliché it maybe, Henry said that he and his wife is not looking eye to eye anymore.

She believed his words that he will file an annulment. However, Mrs. Turner visited the office. She saw how Henry and his wife kissed. That contradicts for a marriage in verge of separation.

Betrayed, she wrote a resignation letter addressed to the HR of the company. She gave it a week noticed.

She met Era during the lowest part of her life. She found a friend in Era's. She never felt alone nor judged. Without Era in those months, she might have been back in Henry's arms.

Era. A strong, dependable woman. Powerful. Her character demands respect. She played by own rules. She also exudes mystery. A woman with few words.

Era. A sweet, thoughtful woman. A very attractive woman with playful gray eyes. A beautiful woman that also likes women.

Twice she saw Era with a woman. Two different women. Both in a compromising situation. Two incidents and one place.

Did they slept in the same bed where she and Era slept?

Era. She can have any woman she wants. She is clearly well-off. Women go after strong, powerful and wealthy people. Era have all that.