Know your place

Sixteen

"MISS James, a Samantha Potts is looking for you."

Era stopped shortly from reading the documents when she heard Ally.

"Send her in. Thank you."

A warning knock later, Samantha was guided to her office.

She beamed upon seeing the woman. She was a welcome distraction in her busy morning.

The petite woman was wearing a gray sunny dress that reaches below the knees. The cut complimented her curves in the right places.

"What brings you here, Miss Potts?" She asked, grinning. She leaned in her chair to give her visitor her full attention.

"I'm bored." Sam answered as she walked towards her.

Her good-looking guest pouted when she laugh. Era take a quick look at her wrist watch. It was ten minutes before lunch break.

"It's your lucky day, Sammy girl. Let me ask Ally how long I'll be in your precious company."

Sam looked at her in anticipation as she call for her secretary. A moment later she gazed at her guest.

"You can have me until lunch break is finish."

With a wide smile, the petite woman nodded. She smiled back before standing and picked up her bag.

Ally was grinning when they passed by her cubicle. "Enjoy your lunch, boss."

"Thank you. See you later, Ally."

"It was nice to meet you, Samantha."

"Same here, Ally."

Samantha was holding on to her arm as they rode the elevator. Since it was almost break time, employees were lining up for a ride, too.

They were in the lobby when they encountered Henry. His face contorted when he saw them.

Out of courtesy they shook hands but his eyes immediately moved to Samantha.

"Do you have time, Miss James?"

"Would this take long?" When Henry shook his head she turned to Sam. "Can you give us a few minutes, baby girl?"

The petite woman smiled at her before letting her arm go. Era kissed her temple and watched Samantha leave.

She knew that it was not only her nor Henry was looking at the sexy sway of Samantha's hips.

With her smile gone, Era turned to Henry. The guy was already glaring at her.

Twice they met, that expression was etched in his face. How did Samantha fell for this man?

"What is this about, Mr. Turner?"

"Are you dating Samantha?"

She smirked before responding. "My personal life is none of your business."

"She is my business." Henry snarled.

Did he just growl? Era wondered.

"You aren't related. She is no longer connected with your company. I don't see how she's your business."

"She is mine, Miss James." He said almost emphasizing each word.

Era sighed and stared at him intently. With the angry look she was receiving from him, she was definitely not his favorite person at the moment.

"Know your place, Mr. Turner." She said calmly instead.

She glanced at her watch. It was 12 noon. Employees are already in the lobby. "Have a great day."