A moment of truth

Twenty two

THE ray of sunshine that passed through the windows tells that it is past breakfast time.

Era glance at the woman in her arms.

Samantha has her head on her shoulder. Her left arm encircled her middle. Through the even breathing she released, her girlfriend is still in the dreamland.

She kissed her forehead. Samantha scrunch her nose like she always did whenever Era touch any part of her face while asleep.

She gathered the petite woman closer to her body to a point that Samantha is halfway laying on top of her. On cue, her girlfriend pressed her face in her neck before brushing her nose in Era's shoulder. Then back on her neck and stay there.

She caressed Samantha's lower back absent-mindedly. She basked herself in the serenity of the morning.

It has been a couple of months since they started dating exclusively. Insofar, they were doing great.

For both of them who had recently ended a complicated relationship, they take things slower. They tried to avoid putting too much pressure on each other.

Era is expecting an awkward girlfriend out of Samantha. She knew that her present girlfriend never had a same-sex relationship before. That Henry Turner was her second boyfriend. However, her girlfriend surprised her when it was Samantha who initiate in intertwining their fingers in public. Suffice it to say, hugging and smack on the lips were normal for them wherever they are.

Era asked Samantha about it. Her girlfriend has one simple answer: "We're in a relationship. When I accepted you in my life, I mean it."

Who is she to complain?

A sigh and a satisfied smile later, she drop a kiss on her girlfriend's inviting lips. Samantha's nose scrunch once again.

"I hope I have clothes in your thoughts." Said a sleepy voice.

She laugh out loud and encircle her arms around her now awake girlfriend.

"Fortunately, yes." She looked down and kissed her again. "Good morning, baby girl."

"Good morning, Delilah."

She glared at the woman in her arms before kissing her thoroughly until they were almost breathless.

Samantha has been calling her in her second name as an endearment ever since she learned about it.

Her legal name is Era Delilah James. Her father has a great sense of humor by giving her that second name.

Her old man established Samson Industries with the mission in mind that he wanted to build structures that will be adored through the years.

When Era was born, her father named her Delilah so that he will be reminded that Samson has a great weakness.

The great builder, Mitchel James', weakness is his daughter, Era Delilah James. However, his strength is also his only daughter.

"Are you pack yet?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"Where are we going again?"

"Out of town."

"Why the sudden need to leave the city?"

"Because it's high time that we visit another place together."

Samantha smirked and look at her intently. "Is it a date, Delilah?"

Era felt her cheek warmth. She look away to avoid her eyes.

"I didn't expect you to be this cheesy." Sam touched her face and look at her in the eyes. "Happy second month, James."

She smiled back at her and respond to the kiss that the petite woman initiated.

"I'm glad you remember small things like this, Era."

She grinned at her girlfriend. She is quite please that this girl, her girl, appreciate small things. How could she be so lucky?