Chapter 54: The Perfect Storm

Começar do início

Cinder: "So, this is the long-lost Spring Maiden... Prove it."

Vernal looks at Raven, who nods for her to do it. Vernal extends her arms and as she does, the wind starts picking up. Storm clouds start forming above the camp, the wind becoming increasingly stronger, causing Watts, Mercury, and Emerald to brace themselves. Cinder stands there with a smile at seeing another Maiden's power and Gilda's not impressed. Of course, the Maidens' powers are impressive, but nothing compared to Loke's now. Vernal lowers her arms and the wind dies down. The clouds in the sky stay, but become slightly less dense.

Raven: "Vernal has done well under my guidance. I'd take that into consideration before you try anything."

Cinder: "Raven, I won't underestimate you, so please don't insult my intelligence. There is a slim chance you and your Maiden could escape here today. But if you know our master as well as you claim to, then you know you could never truly escape her. But we come bearing an olive branch."

Watts: "The Maidens are merely a means to an end." He approaches Raven, coming to stand directly in front of her. "Salem's true desires are the Relics locked with the Huntsmen Academies. Come with us. Allow Vernal here to unlock the Relic of Knowledge and all previous acts of defiance against Salem will be forgiven." He leans in. "It's the best deal either of you are going to get."

He walks back to his place beside Cinder.

Raven: "You talk as if walking straight into Haven will be easy."

Cinder: "That's because it will be. Headmaster Lionheart is loyal to Salem now. All we need is the key to the vault."

Raven (thoughts): 'Lionheart's betrayed Ozpin? I wonder..."

Cinder: "You're not the only one turn your back on Oz, Raven."

Raven: "I'm not helping Salem. I'm not helping Oz. I don't want a part in any of this."

Cinder: "That ship sailed when you chose to harbor a Maiden, but if you come with us to Haven, we'll leave you, your tribe, and your little secret to live out the rest of your days squabbling in the wilderness. We just. Need. The Relic." she emphasizes.

Raven: "I need time to think this over." She puts her hand on her sword.

Watts: "We don't have time. In two days, Haven Academy will be destroyed by the White Fang. You're going to choose now."

Raven: "Backed me into a corner, huh?"

Cinder: "So, are you with us? Or against us?"

Defeated, Raven takes her hand off her weapon and takes off her helmet.

Raven: "Agreements like these are built on trust, and forgive me for saying, but I don't trust a single one of you. You're going to need to give me more."

Watts: "You are in a poor position to negotiate."

Raven: "I want my brother and Y/N Rose dead."

That surprises her adversaries, but Cinder gains a smile on her face.

Cinder: "I suppose my first question is why? I thought Y/N Rose was your ally?"

Raven: "Was, yes. Not anymore. They know I have Spring, and if I help you get your relic, they're going to become a problem. As for Y/N, it's a bit more personal than that. I saved him from Loke. I offered him a place here. He then stabbed me in the back for my kindness, both figuratively and literally, saying that Qrow told him not to trust me. I imagine they've already reunited."

Gilda: "All the more reason not to give in to your demands. If you hadn't interfered, Y/N Rose would be dead."

Raven: "A poor judgement on my part. It turns out he's not the type of man I originally thought he was. I figured that if I saved him, he'd join me, but as you can see, I was wrong. He used me to try and get information. However, I'd like to correct that. I take it Loke will be participating?"