Modern AU: Cage Fight - Silmarillion One Shot

A/n: Here's a quick premiss of this one-shot. Set in modern-times Maedhros is an ex-marine and dose cage-fights. So...here.

Maedhors fell back onto the couch pressing a cold pack to the side of his face which was badly bruised. He grunts softly but his eyes open when here hears a knock on the door. He slowly gets up and trudges over to the door. He looked through the peep-hole and sighed deeply. He just opened the door and was met with a very concerned looking Fingon.

"What are you doing here?" Maedhros asked.

"I can too check in on you," Fingon replied. "And it seems to me it's a good thing I did. You're a mess,"

"Finno. I am fine," Maedhros said but Fingon just frowned as he replied, "It looks like you went swimming in cheese graters."

Maedhros just stepped to the side as Fingon walked in. "Maglor told you to check up on me," Maedhros said as Fingon went to get the first-aid kit.

"He did. He told me you haven't answered your phone and he was concerned about you." Fingon replied as Maedhros just sat down. "Since you know...you have been going to these fighting matches more often."

Fingon looked at Maedhros who just sat there silently and Fingon sighed deeply. He came over and sat by his friend. He started to clean the blood away from Maedhros's cheek and his friend winces a bit. "Sorry," Fingon said.

"It's fine. I have gotten worse done to me," He said as he eyed his prosthetic hand. Fingon shook his head and continued to clean up and bandage his friend's face. He was quiet for a few moments before he said, "So that means you have to see if you can get worse things done to you."

"Fingon. You know that's not what I mean," Maedhros replied a bit sourly.

"I know but if you keep going back...I mean last month you had three broken ribs. Before, that a slight concussion and a broken wrist." Fingon replied. "You are going to kill yourself doing this to yourself one of these days."

Maedhros didn't meet his eyes and Fingon just shook his head handing the ice pack back to him. "I'll make some coffee," Fingon said standing up.

"Finno. Thanks but as you see...I am fine. Go home." Maedhros said.

"No. Maglor is not here and am I not leaving you alone," Fingon said.

"Finno. I am a big boy I can take care of myself," Maedhros said.

"I don't care how tall you are. You are injured and should rest but knowing you, that won't be happening." Fingon said in a scolding manner. Maedhros just stared at him as Fingon turned to get a pot of coffee up. He then chuckled a bit and tilted his head back closed his eyes. He was stiff but thankfully he took a few painkillers so his body was just stiff not in pain. In all truth, he did get quite the beating earlier in that cage match. Luckily nothing was broken, just a dislocated shoulder and a lot of bruises and cuts.

He opened his eyes when he heard Fingon coming back. He takes the cup and just nods at him before he took a sip of the coffee. Maedhros set his cup down after a moment and said, "Thank you."

"For what?" Fingon asked.

"Patching me up," Maedhros said.

"Of course," Fingon replied with a smile. "Also, you should call Maglor. He was concerned for you and you should at least call him to tell him you're still breathing."

"I can text him in a little bit," Maedhros replied.

"Alright, and please tell me that you'll wait just a bit for your wounds to heal a little before you go back at it. I know I can't stop you but wait, please." He said.

"Fine," Maedhros responded to tired and worn to argue.

"Good," Fingon said with a nod of approval. He took a drink and then asked, "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," He replied.

"Besides for being busted up...did you at least win?" Fingon asked. Maedhros laughed a bit to hard at that.

"Yeah," Maedhros said as his laughter died down a bit.

"Well, not surprised. I would hate to see how the other guy looked," Fingon said. Maedhros just smiled and laid his head back. He just let Fingon talk and at some point, he must have fallen asleep since when he woke up the sun was shining across his face through his window. As well as he was in his bed with the blanket laid over him. He slowly stood up with a groan, his body was sore like anything and in pain. Yet, Fingon being...well...Fingon had left a cup of water with a bottle of pain killers by his bedside. He took the medicine and took a shower.

When he was finished he slowly walked into the living room, he found Fingon who apparently stayed the night since his friend was asleep on the couch snoring slightly. He just smiled and left his friend to sleep as he went to get himself breakfast. Which he ate being cautious of his bruised jaw and cheek. As he ate he was reminded again how good a friend Fingon was. They had been friends since childhood and he knew that if wasn't for him. He would have died a long time ago. Yes, Fingon was a very good friend.