Noth-na-Lothion - Gondolin One Shot

A/N: *Gasp* Could this be? Could I actually have an update? Is my huge wave of writers block finally leaving me? Could I be back fully now? I do not know but here is a nice little update. 

Glorfindel smiled as he stretched in the fresh spring air. The festival of Noth-na-Lothion or 'the Birth of Flowers' had just started. Just like every year the hearts of Gondolin were uplifted and all joyful. Music filled the air along with the smell of food and drink. Glorfindel walked through the crowd and smiled as he walked straight towards Ecthelion. He grabbed the arm of his friend and hugged it. "Isn't this Noth-na-Lothion just the best year ever!" He cheered.

"Glorfindel. You do say this every year." Ecthelion said with a chuckle as he turned to his friend with a drink in his hand.

"Well. Every year I mean it." Glorfindel replied with a grin. Ecthelion laughed and smiled at Glorfindel who was just happy as he was holding onto Ecthelion's arm with one of his huge grins. The two friends talked there for sometime before they were soon joined by other knights from their houses. Yet, their group was interrupted by Rog dragging over Elemmakil over to them.

"Glorfindel. Ecthelion. I can use your help with him." Rog said gesturing to the captain of the outer gate.

"Elemmakil. You are still in your armor." Glorfindel said.

"Yes my lord. While this festival goes on there are knights that must guard the gates." He replied.

"We know but you never once took a festival off. You always work. This is a time to be joyful and sing!" Glorfindel cried happily.

"Despite his enthusiasm, he's right," Penlod said as he came over.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Glorfindel asked.

"I just mean that as normal you are overly excited," He replied.

"Yep." Glorfindel said with a grin that made Penlod laugh and shake his head before they both turned to Elemmakil who was staring at his boots.

"Come now," Ecthelion said. "There must be a reason we can get you to stay here."

"There is none my lord. Please allow me to do my duty." He said.

Rog shook his head and released his arm from the hold. "Party pooper." He muttered as Elemmakil walked away.

"He needs to get a hobby," Glorfindel said.

"Indeed," Penlod said with a nod. The scholar paused though as he looked over and titled his head in the direction that Elemmakil went. "Well. Well. I think we found a reason to get him to stay."

"Oh?" Rog asked as he turned to look in the direction that Penlod was looking at. Standing a bit a ways away was Elemmakil speaking one of the archers of Egalmoth's house. The archer was a tall maiden who had long black hair with sea blue-green eyes. The two were chatting lightly and she had a sweet smile on her face. The captain was respectful and had a bit of a starry-eyed look on his face.

The lords where quiet watching this and all shared a look. Glorfindel started to grin and asked, "So? Anyone up for some matchmaking?"

"Of course but that is one of Egalmoth's knights...we should get his help in this matter," Penlod said.

"I'll get him over here. We need someone to watch them both though," Rog said.

"We can keep Elemmakil around," Glorfindel said.

"I can talk to her," Penlod added. The group nodded and went on their way to take care of half of the plan.

Elemmakil went his own way after he finished speaking with the elf. He was heading towards the gate when he was stopped by Glorfindel and Ecthelion. Glorfindel put his arm around him and said, "Come. I have something to show you."

***

"Wait- my lord! I have to get to my post." Elemmakil interjected as Glorfindel pulled him away. The lord of the house of golden flowers just contiued on so Elemmakil just gave up and followed along with Ecthelion trailing behind them with his arms behind his back. Glorfindel thrust him into an area of the city which was a park of sorts with a large garden. The flowers all were in bloom and a wonderful smell filled the air. Elemmakil just looked as to why he was brought where.

"My lord? What is going on?" He asked Ecthelion turning to him. Ecthelion just smiled simply and shrugged.

"It is hard to tell with Glorfindel at times. Just go with it. I will see to it you are not in trouble for not being at your post." Ecthelion assured him as Glorfindel grabbed a bouquet of flowers and thrust them into Elemmakil's hand. He then was pulled off again by the golden-haired lord. Ecthelion just laughed softly and followed behind them.

***

Elsewhere, Penlod was walking with the knight from Egalmoth's house. He had told her that Lord Egalmoth wanted to speak with her. He said he 'happened' to need to go that way so he walked with her to make pleasant conversation. He just hoped that Rog could get Egalmoth out here and to help quickly.

Thankfully, Rog was able to do this so Egalmoth was standing there talking to Rog. Penlod led her over to Egalmoth and said, "Well I guess that is all."

"I guess so. It was a pleasure speaking to you Lord Penlod." She said to him with a bow of her head.

"As well as to you my lady." Penlod replied with a nod. Penlod then walked away as Egalmoth started to speak to her and walk with her in the gardens. As Egalmoth kept her close and distracted Penlod helped Rog set up their trap. Now they just had to wait.

Glorfindel was leading Elemmakil through the gardens and paused right by a corner. He turned to him and said. "Stay right here. I'll be back."

Glorfindel then bolted grabbing Ecthelion along with him. Elemmakil just shook his head as he stood there. He was at a total loss of what to do or how to respond ot this situation. Yet, he waited there shaking his head. As he stood there Egalmoth led her around the bend which was when Rog pulled a rope he had set up on the ground causing her to trip and crash into Elemmakil. It sent them both tumbling to the ground.

"Oh! I am so sorry." She said quickly.

"No. It's okay. Are you alright?" Elemmakil asked her as he got to his feet helping her up too. She smiled softly at him as he helped her up. She then noticed the flowers and tilted her head.

"How are these flowers for?" She asked.

"Oh...I am not sure...Lord Glorfindel just gave them to me." He said as he looked at them then at her. "So...do you want them?" He offered.

She smiled as she took them and sniffed them. "Thank you. This is really nice." She said to him.

"No problem," He said. They where quiet for a few moments and she looked up and asked, "So...would you like to join me in enjoying Noth-na-Lothion?"

He paused and then nodded. "Alright...that sounds nice."

She smiled and put her arm in his and the two walked away talking lightly. Glorfindel, Ecthelion, Rog, Penlod, and Egalmoth watched them. "Mission accomplished." Glorfindel said grining.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 22, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Middle earth: One - Shots, Drawings, and randomness 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें