20 change is inevitable

"Jimin left?" I repeated after Jin when he came into my room. Well, his room, because it's his place.

"Yes. That's what I just said darling." Jin replied with a mellow tone. "Don't worry. I will arrange for your safe return. That's what Jimin asked me to do before he left in exchange for bringing my son back."

"But where did he go?" I asked him.

"He didn't tell me." He said and walked towards the window to close it, "We're not close enough to share secrets. He might be my wife's best friend but that doesn't mean that we're bffs too."

"You can get ready. I'll have someone fetch you in an hour." Jin gave me a smile when he saw my expression. He placed an envelope on the table beside the bed, "Oh and one more thing, you must sign this before you leave. It's just an agreement. You are not to divulge any information about Jungkook or me. You know what I do for a living right? I can't let you leave just like that."

Jin took a pen from his pocket and handed it to me. He watched as I read the terms and signed my name at the bottom. I returned the pen to him and he took my hand, kissing it the same way he did when we met. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Miss Cherrie. Although I do regret to tell you that this would be the last."

If I knew that I wouldn't see him again, I wouldn't have told him those words last night. Why do I have to be swayed by my emotions? I always let my temper ruin everything. He didn't even say anything or even tried to defend himself. He just looked at me with those cold eyes. It didn't even look like his. I always liked the warmth he exudes. He was always nice, polite and warm but last night, that wasn't like him.

I'm in love with Jungkook's mother.

How could he say that with a straight face and after he kissed me? He wanted to end it. Whatever it was between us. Did Jin know? Was that why Jimin protected Jungkook with his life on the line? Because he loved the woman who gave life to Jungkook?

I walked out on him last night and left him alone. A part of me understand where he is coming from that's why I can't get mad at him. I knew that this kind of intimacy is impossible. I literally had no idea who he was yet I continued to pursue him. There was no one to blame. No one to point fingers at. We both know that it wasn't going to end nicely but I didn't know it was going to come to an end sooner. If I did, I would've chosen a clean closure.

I was outside and a car was already waiting for me. I glanced back at the door. I didn't even get to see Kookie. I bet he's lonely too now that Jimin is gone. The driver opened the door for me, "Miss Cherrie?"

I faced the driver in uniform, "Yes, let's go."

🍒

A week later, everything is how it used to be. I go to work but I got a scolding from my senior associate because I failed to attend my trial in court. Other than that, everything is normal. My neighbors are still nosy and I still get stared at whenever I rode the elevator with them. My landlord invited me to another party again. My bosses still don't care if I have a social life. Hyun still thinks I'm beautiful and hasn't given up on asking me out for a cup of coffee.

It's like Jimin and Jungkook never moved in my apartment building. Like they never walked into my life at all. I hate to admit it but that makes me lonely. I felt empty like there's a huge hole inside me whenever I pass by their door and imagine Jimin coming out to greet me with a smile with Jungkook in his arms. I hate it. I hate it so much when I think about how happy I was when they were here. I hate feeling vulnerable.