11 far from the truth

"Kookie, are you hungry?" Jimin glanced behind his back, spotting Jungkook in his walker, kicking his short legs and trying to move around.

He finished washing the dishes and left them to dry on the rack before he went to get Jungkook, but just as he was picking him up, a knock came on the door. Jimin left Jungkook as he played with the mini mobile on his walker and went to see who it was.

The intercom showed a young woman, probably in her mid 20s, standing outside the door. He opened the door and greeted her, "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Oh no. Uhm, hello, I just want to introduce myself. I just moved in today." She said as she pointed to the door on his left, next to his unit. "I figured I'd go around and meet people." She smiled warmly and then held out her hand, "My name is Miya."

"Hi. Nice to meet you, Miya. I'm Jimin." He replied said as they briefly shook hands. "I'm sorry for being rude but I can't invite you inside right now. It's a mess in there. I haven't finished cleaning up when you came.."

"No, it's fine. I really just wanted to greet my neighbors." She replied and then took something out of the paper bag she was holding, offering it to him. "Oh and here's rice cakes. Please enjoy them with your family."

"Thank you." Jimin received her gift with both hands and gave her a small bow, a customary thing. "Actually, I live alone with—"

"A baby!" She exclaimed before Jimin could even finish his own sentence. He looked behind me and found out that Jungkook has already made such a journey from the living room, where he left him a few minutes ago, to the entry way of the front door. With a huge smile, Jungkook babbled cutely as he shook the small rattle that he is grasping tightly in his small fist.

"Hello there. What's your name?" Miya, now on her knees, shook Jungkook's fingers playfully. She beamed at him before getting back to Jimin. "Oh gosh. He's so cute!"

"I'm sorry. I just really love children." She said, apologizing a few more times as she dust her knees.

"I can tell." Jimin replied and sent her a smile as he picked up Jungkook, "Well, Jungkook isn't a shy one either so I think you can both get along pretty well."

"Is he yours?" She asked him.

"Yeah." Jimin admitted quickly. He's gotten used to the common question. The whole fabricated script of being a single father imprinted in his mind.

"And his mom?" She added. Her smile grew just by looking at Jungkook.

"She passed away when he was born." Jimin answered, sticking to his made up script.

He can tell just by looking at her expressions that she's a warm person unlike someone he also recently met. His gaze then drifted to the closed door next to his which had a few flyers from restaurants stuck in the small slits between the door. Jimin haven't seen her in awhile. Has she even been home these past few days?

His consciousness was brought back to the girl in front of him when she bid farewell. He did the same and watched her walkaway but he found himself staring back at her door. Jimin didn't know when she'd show up again but he wished it's soon.

Jimin laid Jungkook down on his crib after bathing him and gave him his milk bottle which, by now, he knew how to hold to his mouth.