1 oh baby

"I'm really fine." Cherrie cards her fingers through her hair as she holds the phone between her ear and her right shoulder, her neck slanted in an uncomfortable manner while she pours herself a cup of coffee. "Why don't you believe me?"

"Because it's Henry we're talking about? You're first and only love, your only boyfriend since birth whom you are so crazy about just three weeks ago?" The small, intimidating voice came from the phone's speaker. It belonged to none other than Jinjoo, the most loyal of all loyal friends but is kind of annoying as Cherrie wrote once before in one of those questionnaires Jinjoo made her answer. "How can you be coping? You don't talk about it. You don't even try to go out and hang around people. It's like you've secluded yourself from Earth."

"It's not called secluding myself from Earth. It's called work. I'm busy.." Cherrie replied in a sarcastic tone, stopping midway as she remembered how she used to tell the same exact words to Henry.

"Cher?"

"Yeah?" She snapped back from her thoughts, spilling some of her coffee on her white blouse, "Shit. Uh, Jinjoo, I need to go. I'll call you later, 'kay? Bye."

"Ugh, now I have to change." Cherrie grunts in annoyance as she puts the coffee cup down, losing interest in it. She goes into her bedroom and changes into a new white blouse, buttoning it up to the collar. She looks at herself in the mirror, dissatisfied then she asks the reflection, "What is wrong with you?"

"Stop looking at me with those horrible eyes!" She tells her reflection and then heaved a sigh. "What am I doing? I'm really not coping well."

"Fuck it." Cherrie muttered under her breath as she fumbled with the buttons of her blouse and undid two of them. She looked at herself again, hoping to see something there, something attractive about the girl in the mirror but she couldn't see it.

🍒

Work was boring. Cherrie couldn't emphasize that even further as she stares at the blinking cursor on the screen of her computer. The sound of her phone ringing was what brought her back to Earth. She glances at her phone that sits beside the keyboard and read it out loud, "Unknown Caller ID?"

She hesitates to answer it at first but then proceeds to swiping the call button and pressing the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hi, am I speaking to Cherrie Kim?" A male voice spoke over the phone. There was a cool but subtle feel in his voice that made her think that she's heard it before. But where?

"Yes, this is her. Who am I speaking to?" Cherrie answered promptly, brows furrowed.

"I'm Jimin Park. I live next door to you at 404. I'm sorry if I'm calling you like this. I got your number from the landlord. Apparently, there's been some mistake yesterday. The delivery guy switched our parcels." He further explained in a polite manner.

What parcel? Oh, the wedding gifts?

"I somehow opened it thinking it was mine. I'm sorry." He adds, his tone doesn't change. "I could drop it by your apartment and pick up mine, too. Is now a busy time for you?"

"Uhm, yes, I'm at work but I'll be off at 6pm. We can talk when I get home." She said and came to an agreement with the man before she hung up the phone.

Cherrie thought about it but doesn't remember if she had received any parcels yesterday. Maybe it slipped her mind or maybe it just didn't matter. If she received it, it would most probably just be lying around with the other boxes in the living room, untouched, like most of the things that were sent to her.