5 kiss of truth

The sound of Kookie bawling his eyes out has been disturbing the peace of the whole floor, especially, my unit which is conveniently placed next to theirs. I lay awake in bed, covers to my chest, waiting and waiting for Jimin to calm his child down but it has been an hour of and Kookie is nowhere near calm. Does he really know what he is doing?

And so I found myself outside, knocking on my neighbor's door, in my nighties covered by my silk robe at 2am in the morning. I don't even care what people say anymore. I just want peace and 8 hours of sleep. He answers the door seconds later, chest bare with a severe case of bed hair and a terribly, restless baby in his arms. Never in my life have I seen a bachelor who is able to present himself before a woman like this, but, it is 2am. Somehow, that makes sense in my sleep deprived mind.

"I'm so sorry. I know. Something is wrong with Kookie." Jimin immediately apologizes as he cradled Kookie against his warm, inviting skin. Yes, it looks warm and— Oh God, not now. He rocks Kookie gently, eyes half asleep then he groaned. Freaking sex groan. "Shh. Please Kookie. Quiet. At this rate we're going to wake the whole building up."

I cannot. My mind is playing games with me the more I stare at his natural half naked state so I took the baby in.

"Give him to me." I said and placed him against my chest, rocking him gently. He was a tough Kookie at first but soon he began to quiet down and laid his sleepy head against my skin. I don't know how I did it though. Maybe my desperation to sleep got through to him. I was still standing in Jimin's living room, my arms and back aching from carrying Jungkook. "I think he's knocked out now."

"Thank you for helping me out. Once in a month Kookie gets like this.." Jimin said, with a shirt now. I kind of liked seeing him shirtless though. "Let me take him."

Jimin placed himself closer to me but Kookie opened his eyes as soon as he learned that I was giving him back. His big eyes stares at me as if he can sense and understand what was happening. He cries again and I cradle him back to my chest. "Hush little baby don't you cry.."

Jimin sends me an apologetic look and I have no choice but to keep on holding Kookie. "I'm so sorry." He whispers again. "I don't think he will let you go."

"I think so too." I let out a sigh. Jungkook's small baby hand is tightly grasping onto my robe, preventing it from covering my nightie and my full chest. "But I really need to sleep."

"You can sleep on the bed with us." Jimin suggests out of the good samaritan in him and also because he feels really sorry for the trouble he and Kookie has caused me. He realizes soon the implications of his words, "Or I can sleep on the couch."

"No, you don't have to do that.. We are both adults. We are capable of sleeping together in the same bed, right?" I said, not making a big deal out of it since I cannot kick him out of his own bed at 2am. "You, Kookie and I, in that exact order."

Jimin smiled but I can still make out his equally exhausted face. He shows me to the bedroom. Thankfully, the bed is big enough for the three of us to sleep. The pillows are just so soft that I instantly closed my eyes the minute my head laid on it.

"I should warn you though.. Kookie and I are restless sleepers." Jimin chuckled, shedding light as to why he owns a big bed. He keeps his shirt on and takes his place on the other end of the bed. Kookie still hasn't let go of my nightie as he sucks on his pacifier.

Jimin watches him, laying still on his side then he looks at me, his eyes are dreamy under the shade of the night light. "I'm really sorry about tonight.. He just wouldn't stop crying. I guess what he was looking for is a mother's warmth."

"Me? A mother?" I laughed but stopped myself as I realized that I might wake up the beast again. "I'm nowhere near mother material."

"You're just saying that but it's in your nature. All women have that motherly instinct to them." Jimin smiles, eyes as sleepy as mine. "I think that if you're given the chance, you're going to be a good mother. Just look at him clinging to you. He doesn't even look for me and he's my child."