16 storm's coming

"It's really pouring hard today, huh." I spoke under my breath as I head out of the building, wondering how I'd get home. I made a mental note to myself to 1) get a driver's license and 2) get a car. It'd be really convenient for me, not to mention, I won't have to get soaked in the rain.

Luckily, just as I was about to go about the wet streets with an umbrella over my head to hail a taxi, a car stopped by. The windows were rolled down halfway and a familiar smiling man greeted me, "Get in."

"You saved my life." I told Hoseok once I was in the passenger seat, patting myself dry with some tissues that he offered. "Sorry, I'm getting the seat wet. I'm pretty much a wreck right now. Oh God."

"What do you mean? You are the hottest woman I've seen today." Hoseok momentarily glanced at my direction and gave me a wink.

"Really charming of you." I responded with a light chuckle as I let my hair loose to dry it too. "By the way, what were you doing on this side of the city? I thought your company was on the opposite side?"

"Oh, I met up with a client nearby." He said, his focus now back on the road as it is a bit foggy because of how hard it was raining.

"How did that go?" I asked, making small talk amidst the sound of heavy rain against the top of the car and the wiper on the windshield.

"I think it went well." He tilted his head and smiled. I really like his chill and laid back attitude. I could see him being a great co-worker and he's smart too. An overrated phrase, I know, but he really is a man of many talents. He wouldn't have graduated from Harvard with an MBA degree if he wasn't. "But I might be going back to the US soon. They're opening up a branch there and they want me to watch over the whole operations there."

"Oh, that's good for you." I said but he didn't sound too happy with my reply. The car came to a slow halt at the juncture as the red stop light shone bright.

"Yeah but it's a shame we didn't get to hang out that often." Hoseok relaxed his grip on the steering wheel and turned to glance at me again, beaming. "I was really looking forward to spending time with you but there really was no time. I was even planning to ask you out.. maybe before I leave for the US?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure. A friendly dinner would be good." I somehow cannot believe he was asking me out but then again he was never the one to be shy about asking girls out. Hoseok is such an outgoing person.

"I might be going too strong with this but.. you know I liked you even before, right?" Hoseok said as he maneuvered the car to move again and drove in a maintained speed. "And I'm hoping this date would be more than just a friendly one.."

"Ohh." I sounded stupid. I've been saying the same thing over and over again. The atmosphere inside Hoseok's car was suddenly filled with silence and the chillness of the air conditioning got me to shift uncomfortably on the seat, hands rubbing once along my forearms. "I think that wouldn't be too bad."

"Cold?" Hoseok asked, sparing me a look while he moved his hands to turn off the AC and switched to a heater from the panel of his dashboard. "Much better?"

I nodded my head and he sent me a smile. When did the Hoseok I knew become such a gentleman? He wasn't a bad choice. Hell, he's a much better choice than my ex-fiancé. He's got credentials and that certainly doesn't go unnoticed with the way he carried himself. The way he dresses would make anyone do a double take. His smile is one of his best features and, not to mention, he's good at talking.

But, is this okay? I feel something for Jimin and yet, here I am, agreeing on a not-so-friendly date with another guy. If I asked Jinjoo, she'd say it's better to have options when dating. Jimin haven't made drawn any clear line though. That's why I'm confused. If he wanted me too, wouldn't he have already made a move by now? That is if he wanted something more than sex.