Chapter 70-2

Jean-Harley

Soon enough, we were in this stupid building I hated it. Lathes high was a fancy prep school that I hated I only hated it because there was nothing special about it. This school had nothing that nobody already didn't have. Of course like every morning, he abandoned me for his football buddies. I walked into the building and walked to my 3rd floor locker. It was small but resourceful. I took my pen and thin binder out of my bag. I held it under my arms and carefully locked my locker. I walked to Homeroom and sat in my usual mid-row seat. I set down my binder and waited for the teacher to start. I wasn't a nerd but I wasn't careless either. I needed grades that would get me out of this terrible excuse of a town

" Harley, you're fuckin' sexy, I'm not even gonna hold you." ( New York lingo ) James Jeered. The teacher got up from his chair and stood in front of the board.

" I-n-c-o-m-p-e-t-e-n-t. Incompetent. Boys being boys isn't an excuse for harassment. Now sit down." I looked at the teacher gratefully. He gently shook his head, telling me he had no problems checking him and all the other boys who thought it was okay. This was annoying and had been going on for a while. Everyone making comments on my body or how I dressed... That shit was annoying. I rolled my eyes in pure annoyance.

He pushed his short waves back away from his face. His hazel eyes were friendly, someone I could talk to." Okay, who did last night reading?" Everyone groaned. He didn't have to look at me. He knew I did it. We had agreed I would hand in my work at the end of class.

" Alright, that being said, independently write 2 paragraphs based on the prompt. Read chapters 5-10 for homework. Write a 1 pager and don't forget to summarize!"

Jeremy, beside me raised his hand. No matter what he said, it always sounded dumb or very dull. He was very charming, but he lacked a lot of common things.

" Where are we supposed to write the prompt?" The teacher was used to this, but looked almost puzzled. "On... Paper? Do you need paper?" Someone behind me snickered. He shook his head.

" No, that's not what I meant. Should I write it in my notebook or on loose leaf to hand in?" Everyone sighed gratefully. It wasn't a completely dulling question.

" Oh! On loose leaf. I want to read and grade them." The teacher was slightly charismatic. Our English teacher was one of the nicest teachers. Aside for having to stop the boys from hitting on me, he put kids in check without having to even go back and forth. He kept his class and papers orderly. He had healthy relationships with the student. He had my respect as a student. The class emptied as the bell rang and I removed my report and walked to the front of the class.

Mr. Harrison thanked me.

" About the test..." He murmured. I broke into a cold sweat. My nerves went from 0-100 within seconds.

He smiled " You got 95. You passed the final and therefore, you've passed my class." I gasped " No freaking way!"

" Well, according to me, yes freaking way. Now get going. You did a great job following the prompts. I took off points because you forgot to write your name." I looked at him, horrified. He laughed.

" I know what your penmanship looks like. And you write very passively. Bit you put in the work and for that, I applaud you." I put a lid on myself and thanked him. I grabbed my binder and ran to my locker. I shoved my binder in and ran back upstairs for choir
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Lunch hit and I hid from everyone, of course. Not even Ronny knew I hid in the girls bathroom everyday at lunch. My phone buzzed subtly. It was a text from my dad.

You left your lunch
at home pumpkin😯. No worries. I sent you 10 bucks to eat.😊😋

His messages always warmed my heart in the nicest manner. He made me feel the best kind of happy out there.