Carter- Chapter 47

" Hey?"

" Carter! How are things?" Cassandra had called to check-in.

" Good. Still fuckin' around?" Silence came through the other end.

" You know Joshua didn't-"

" Bullshit. That man worships the very ground you walk on and you tore his heart to pieces, out of his chest."

" Look I can't-"

" It's okay if you can't. If you can't, than guess what? I will." I chuckled. I hung up on her.

Now

I would be lying if I wasn't mad at my sister for cheating on Joshua, simply because she was upset at him. He deserved better than my sister, because at this point, my sister was messed up. She had been out and around, sleeping with other men, and Joshua was at his estate, probably crying his eyes out, and wearing Cassandra's blanket.

I knew my mother and my father were definitely back together, and Daniel was taking care of Blaise. The only person that hasn't been accounted for was Madelyn. I heard rumors about a demon gaining status quickly and without much trial. I doubt it was Adelyn, but I could always confirm.

I knew for certain Adelyn was living in hell, as she said she's always wanted to. But I highly doubt Joshua would keep his daughter near him when he's in such a state. It was a difficult thing. I wanted to save this family, but I was part of the problem.

I wanted someone who probably wouldn't want me back. I still wanted us all to meet. Joshua did have the correct idea of what should happen if we wanted to fix our relationships. I could try it, but how would Joshua handle Cassandra's presence in the same room. Well, I knew Daniel had no more harsh feelings, neither did Cole, Teagan or Adelyn.

The real issue was between Cassandra and her husband. The only thing I needed to do was devise a way for them to love each other again. They met under forced conditions, so I couldn't tell how or if my plan would work. I could do it. I opened my drawer and slipped on a shirt. I drove to Joshua's house. Yes, after a certain friend and I had a falling out, I learned to get myself places. Every now and than I thought of her. I knew... We couldn't be together at all. She thought I wasn't worthy of love. I walked right into Joshua's estate and closed the door. Joshua lie, on the couch. It looked like he hadn't noticed me, even though I entered his house.

" Hey, can I use the bathroom?"

" Yeah, go." He whispered. I dialed Cassandra?"

" Yeah?"

" Are you free right now? I gotta talk to you."

" Yeah. You can come if you'd like." I sighed and hung up.

I walked back into his living room and got him up.

" Come on. Get on some proper clothes. I need you up and not depressed." I said. We walked to his closet, and picked out a proper outfit for him to wear. The hurt behind his eyes was unmistakable. But his smile worked. I ripped open a portal and pulled him through. He opened his eyes in shock, and Cassandra stood up.

" Cass." He whispered.

" Hey, Joshua."

" What happened?" He asked sadly "How did we let us get this far apart?" I saw his emotions coming through but he tried his hardest to keep them at bay.

" Why did you expose my feelings for everyone to feel? Huh? That's the better question." She asked growling at him.

He took her words to heart but tried not to show it. It was hard to take in." I didn't want our family to fall apart. I wanted everyone to be on the same page about how everyone felt."

" If you did why- ughhh." She grumbled. He began to bite his lip and let out a sharp sob.

He began to bite his lip and let out a sharp sob." You knew this wasn't what I wanted. I wanted us to be happier. Not us breaking apart like this." Cassandra looked at him as if he didn't hear a word she had said.

" No. You thought about everyone but me. You didn't care how I felt about you letting what happened happen. Just give me time."

" Time to what? Fuck around with other guys you aren't even with? Why? Tell me, what sense does any of it make?" He whispered.

" No. I need time to remember why I ever loved someone as inconsiderate as you!" She yelled. She had completely broken him at this point. " I think we should start seeing other people, Joshua." That took both me and him by complete surprise. I could see he was too choked up and emotional to talk. I ripped him open a portal home.

" Gosh. That was cold." I told her, when we were alone. She gave me an icy glare.

" So what?"

" So what? You literally have two daughters together, everything either of you have ever done has been together. You were his fiance for more than 7 years before you decided go get married. He threw away his given name to give you and your children-"

" I don't want to hear it! Fuck. You talk about Joshua like he's mother Teresa-"

" That's because all he ever tried to do was fix our family! He was loyal to you. You spent so long wanting him and begging for him that now you feel you've had enough of him to throw him away?" I cried. She looked at me cruelly." I'm sorry... But you can't come back to live with any of us. We'll heal together and we'll make it. But what you are doing is wrong!"

" You can't stop me from seeing my kids!" She yelled back.

" Well how do you think they're gonna think of you when they hear you dumped the most caring person in the world to them because he was inconsiderate? How will you explain that to Adelyn or for that matter, Blaise?" I was almost on the verge of tears.

" You aren't welcomed back home." I whispered, in tears. I left Cassandra alone. Her presence was banned from the main house we lived in. I couldn't deal with her childish behaviour. I left her house in a rush and walked home. Because I was in such a rush, someone crashed into me.

The voice sounded vaguely familiar.

" Gosh! I'm sorry-... Hey Carter." She said, fixing herself. After All, she collided with me head on.

" J-jen. What's up?" I stuttered. I remembered what she told me. It hurt me, even now.

" I'm sorry. I heard about what happened with Jason."  I looked at her plainly.

" Yeah."

" You still have my number?" I looked away from her and nodded.

" Maybe we could catch up a little later?" We both agreed to that. I wasn't in a rush.