Adelyn- Chapter 45

I looked up at the robber, who was obviously part of the ambush. I knew he was bad, but something about him... Was off.

" Why are you still here princess? Run off to the safety of your property."

I pouted." You don't tell me what to do." He jumped down from the tree that had me by a solid 4 feet. He fed off my mild fear that he might actually do something. I backed up, but he easily pushed me into a tree and I fell. He bent to my level.

" What? Are you gonna cry? Go home, you little-" I slapped him across the face as half his mask broke in my lap. A single silver eye stared back at me in pure anger. Looking at his eye was almost like looking at a kaleidoscope. Next second, it was a a beautiful bright violet. Why was I admiring my potential attacker? Just as quickly as I had slapped him, he was choking me, lifting me off the ground. I struggled and kicked against him. After being several feet in the air, he dropped me.

" Later, princess." I grumbled in pain. I knew I was no match for a skilled assassin. But fuck, I had to try. I was infuriated.

That memory flooded back only now.

" Hey princess. What are you doing out, with nobody around?" I gawked at him for a minute.

" Close your mouth." He whispered. I did instantly. His skin was amazing. It was crazy pale and so evenly white.

" Could you not do that you're making me slightly uncomfortable."

" Uncomfortable, you asshole? I mean, I could-"

" Shut the fuck up, obviously." He murmured, sipping from a cup of coffee. I was unbelievably angry at him. And yet my perverted mind wandered back to how good he looked every time. He was a rude douche, who happened to technically assault me.

His eyes were a gentle periwinkle and he quickly winked at me. I scrunched up my face, closing my eyes. His red hair was distracting enough, but now he also had color changing eyes.

" So. It's a warm day. Where do you think we should go?" I rolled my eyes at him.

" You idiot." I sneered. " I would never go anywhere with you." He huffed and rolled his eyes.

" Whatever." He sighed, walking away towards the fountain.

" Hey wait!" I called after him. I felt like an idiot following after him. He turned looking at me.

" Why... I just want to know.... Why you attacked me?" I asked genuinely.

" Because, that's what I do. I attack people, you pea-brain." An anger swelled inside of me. He made me angrier and angrier each moment.

" Awww. Is the little princess gonna cry?" He cooed at me. His words echoed in my mind. I didn't know why but I began to sniffle. And cry unbelievably loud. Everyone who heard me stopped and looked at me, and than him.

" If it's an apology you want, shit, I'm sorry, ok? Oh my god, look. Shut up, okay?" I cried harder and walked away. He looped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

" Look, I'm sorry, okay? I can't bullshit and say everything will be okay or get better but I can apologize. Now, will you come with me to get more coffee?" I nodded in his chest slowly. My heart raced when I was this close to him. I moved out of his grip and walked ahead of him, wiping my face. Why did he emotionally overwhelm me? It was all his fault. He opened the door and let me go in first. I looked at the menu for a second.

" French Vanilla iced latte with an extra shot of liquid sugar. I also want that coffee cake you have and two cake pops." The girl behind the counter nodded. I went to go sit and I noticed her making goo goo eyes at him. I unintentionally growled. I stopped myself and remembered not to. I got up and got my stuff and sat down in front of him. I unwrapped my cake pop. I had wanted to try it, but I never got the chance until now. I was ready to take a bite when he took it out of my hand. I whined in protest. He took a bite of it first. I blushed darkly. I snatched it back and ate the rest of my cake pop. I was upset that he got the first bite and I didn't. I paused and finished my cake pop.

" Hey." I mumbled. He focused in on me.

" You haven't even told me your name."

" Don't you think it's a bit early for names, princess?"

" Nope." I replied cheerfully.

He rolled his eyes " My name is Blake. Aiden-Blake."

" My name is Addie." I whispered, sipping my iced coffee.

" Oh like, Madelyn?" I nodded. The coffee was so sweet. I was fidgeting under his look. His piercing blue glare.

" That's a nice name for a princess." I almost sputtered and choked. He looked up behind me and looked back into my eyes.

" It's rude to look at me like I'm food." I chuckled. I hated him but in a more sarcastic way. He didn't make me feel as bad as I thought he would. I still wanted him to suffer.

" Well, it was nice getting to know you, princess. Until another time." He whispered. I nodded, letting him go. Fuck. Why did I let him get inside my head? Everytime he looks at me I feel things... I shouldn't. I sipped my coffee alone. I didn't want him to leave but what could I really do. I finished my cake and a churro cake pop. I sighed deeply. This square was absolutely gorgeous. Lots of people liked to sit by the fountains' edge.

Nobody really knew I had my own property yet. It did take a lot more than expected, such as having to prove that I could defend my property and such, but I got it. I was really only 16 and a half, and I didn't have to worry too much. I had a little status. The other night I attended a ball. Which ended badly, but I would keep going every other week to help gain my popularity and presence in hell.

I got in my car and drove home. My house, intentionally was not that far from the square, so I could drive a solid 10 minutes if I wanted to shop or get coffee. I swerved around a cone that was placed and steadily drove. It wasn't easy getting anything in hell. As long as you had the status, you could get whatever you really wanted. I dialed a number on my phone and waited for the line to pick up.

" Maddie!"

" Hey Amy, do you wanna sleep over tonight? I've got some tea to spill." I giggled.