Blaise- Chapter 58 Pt. 2

Carter and Jason looked at Rachel and I in an almost pitiful way. They knew just by glancing our way. We were both quite closeted ( her at school and me to the rest of my family and in school ) Everyone just assumed we were friends. Adelyn looked so grown-up, it was making me feel bad. Nothing had changed about her yet everything had changed about her. She looked ethereal. Rachel didn't even glance twice at my sister, which was strange.

" Hey Blaise. How have things been going?" She asked casually.

" Fine." I responded dryly. She looked taken aback by my simple answer. She never asked again. My mom and dad and my grandmother and father all stood, talking, catching up and such. They wished me well, as always.

" Hey you never introduced us to your friend." Carter winced at his sister's obliviousness. To him, I was clearly gay, which was partly true. But my mom had assumed I was straight.

" Everyone, this is Rachel. Rachel, this is my mom and dad, my grand parents. My uncles and my sister. Oh and my uncle's servant." She nodded. My grand mother and my grandfather's wife were in the same room. My grandmother looked like she knew. I knew they were talking about me as Cole looked over at her and than at me. I immediately looked away.

" Don't be afraid." Rachel whispered almost inaudibly. I nodded. She had changed into my black sweatpants, my tie-dye crop top and wore my slippers. She caught me staring. I looked away, very slightly. She chuckled and almost went to kiss me but bumped her head into my shoulder. She almost slipped up in front of my family.

" So, Adelyn, what's been up with you?" My mom asked lightly. The whole room went silent Carter and Jason sipped wine while my grand parents were listening in. I recognized her horrified look. She stuttered constantly and Rachel almost looked amused.

" Hey Addie. Why don't you come and show me... Affection?" Addie gave a quick sigh of relief. She ran over to hug me and shower me in kisses. Jason glanced at us both and smiled. I had recently met him, as he was dead at my birth.

" Tell me what's going on."

" I-I'm engaged... With a child."  She mumbled to me fearfully. I tried not to let the shock in my soul show on my face. No wonder she seemed different. I gently nodded. She looked away. Everyone was too busy catching up to notice Rachel and I slip away to get some food. The kitchen was a little sectioned off from the rest of the house. 

" You're so incredibly stiff. That was brave what you did for your sister." Rachel murmured, opening the refrigerator.

" Thanks" She passed me a bottle of cold water. I nodded my thanks and sat down at the table.

" I think your uncle knows. And your-

" I know, okay? I just don't want them to find out yet. Especially my parents." I whined quietly.

" Do you wanna head to my house after this, or do you want me to stay here?"

" Here." I sighed. I ate a plum steadily chewing. Rachel unexpectedly licked juice that had dribbled down my lips.

" Stop that!"

" You seem to be enjoying it." She chuckled, playfully smacking my arm.

I didn't want to crush her mood. But she wasn't listening. " Not here." She stopped playing any decided to make a chicken sandwich to win my love back.

" I love you." I whispered. She laughed until she realized I was serious. She planted a short kiss on my lips, which made my heart take off. I tucked in my white tee and fixed my sweater. I was less nervous and more frustrated. I tied my hair back and went to pour myself a cup of soda.