Chapter 4- Adelyn

I knocked on my father's door and waited. " Adelyn..."

" Dad...can we talk?"

He shrugged and pushed the door farther in." Sure. Wanna come in and sit?"

"Yeah." I murmured. Communication in this family was minimal.

He sat down on the couch and patted the seat across from him before sitting down. " So. How's everything?" I could still feel his worried eyes, still so concerned for me.

" I'm... Managing. Working on myself really. The stuff that happened a few months back was insane and I just need to lay low for a while." I sighed. I was trying to play it off and play it cool with a person who knew me better than I did most times.

" I think... That it's best that we as a family get together... At least go back to being much closer than recently."

" I feel as though we're being watched closely by the upper class. " my eyes met his immediately. So I wasn't the only one who felt it.

" I agree. I can feel it too, dad. Have you been in touch with mom?"

He narrowed his eyes and slightly grimaced " Yes... And no."

" What... Do you mean?

" Well, the last time we spoke was pretty brief but she said she was going to be alone for a while. If you want to reach her I can help you with that. But I've noticed something... Different."

" Noticed what, dad?"

" She seems a lot more... Hazy? That isn't the right word. Maybe thoughtful? She spends more time deep in thought than before.

I smiled... Feeling warmth instead of underlying dread." Sounds like she's getting herself together.

" Well... I'll talk to her after this but... What of you and your sister?"

Now it was my turn. I grimaced and chuckled nervously. " Um... I haven't spoken to her. Or seen her in a while to be completely honest.

He sighed and I could tell he knew she was well off with Daniel but he still couldn't help but worry. "... Than I'll have to check in on her myself.

" Yeah."

He sat back in thought. " Have you... spoken to anyone else?"

"... No."

" It has been a while since any of us did anything together. "

" yeah..."

On a lighter note, he seemed happy about something. " Anyways... Your child?"

" Well, he's growing up pretty quickly. I'm... Not very wanted there. At least not now. I wanted to go and talk to Aiden, at least to tell him what happened... But I can't look him in the eye anymore." All I could feel was pain because of it. And for once, I felt true fear.

His smile almost shifted to slightly salty and petty smile that I liked " Well then, we'll just have to pay him a visit, no?"

I said nothing but nodded.

.
.
.
.
.
.

His home was far out. But I knocked on the door.

He answered the door and invited us in." So...what brings you here?"

" I think its fair that you understand the reality of what happened-" he put his hand up in annoyance " Spare me-"

" No." My father said with conviction, not at all here for my instant dismissal but keeping his cool " Listen." He sat us down in the living room and sighed. " Spin your tales. " he sighed, waving me on. " You're well aware that I was kidnapped a while back and I went missing a few times after I was able to get this new body. The aftershock of memory transmissions from my family and most of all you kept sending me into a painful relapse of memories while I kept going comatose. "

" Yes. I remember that." He agreed.

My lips were pressed together and my eyes still couldn't meet his " But... I've got back everything now. The good... The bad... And all of the ugly."

He listened on in silence " I was kidnapped and I was demeaned because someone wanted to know your whereabouts."

" I took your secrets to death, Aiden. Through the torture and through the carvings, I never once said a word."

" Even now you've still got a big piece of my heart. But please... don't come and see me." I whispered in tears, shaking my head, Surprised, confused and sad. "You can keep Liam in your care and enjoy your life however you please, but just do your best to forget about me."

" What happened... When you got kidnapped, I mean?"

For a moment, I didn't feel choked up. But almost muted " I was used as a slave to his every sexual fantasy, tied up in chains, pieces of my flesh cut out and reshaped, horribly beaten... If you can think of it, it probably happened."

" I'm sorry I got you into that, Madelyn. I am." He whispered solemnly.

I prepared to leave and stood " Well, goodbye now. " I murmured, getting up and turning around to leave.'

" What of our... Child?" He asked. He tried to meet my eyes, but I couldn't. I pressed my quivering lips together, missing him. The unborn child, still in my body was taken away from me.

" As I was chained up, I could only watch as his soul was drained from his body and left inside me to rot and kill me even faster."

" Thank you... For keeping me safe. You didn't have to, not after I put you through that... And I'm sorry to have moved on so quickly without understanding that what happened had cost you so much. If you want, you can have Lia-"

" No. Keep Liam. He's safer here with you. And I think its also time for me to move on from..." I shrugged sadly " Whatever this is. "

He nodded, understanding " You're free to do that, Madelyn. I'm sorr-"

" Stop being sorry, just give me your word that I won't ever have to see you again!"

He was frustrated " I can't promise that because I want to still see you. You DON'T mean that you won't want Liam over or anyone else-

" That's precisely what I mean. Just try and override his memories. Make it so that I didn't exist-"

He firmly disagreed " I won't take away his memories of the bravest woman he's ever known. "

" You and I both know that it would be better this way. I'll leave all of those decisions up to you to make."

As I walked back to the front door, my eyes widened. Liam was walking. He was still growing but this was my baby. I knealed to his level and gave him a great big hug, showing him no signs of my stress. But his hands touched me and suddenly I was in his mind, holding his little hand. He saw so many things he couldn't explain and only entrusted me with it.

Liam was letting me hear things he had heard and couldn't understand and letting me see things... That he as a child shouldn't have. He calmed his hold on me and his glittery green eyes smiled at me, happy that I was finally back. I couldn't ignore the situation. I lifted him off of the ground into my arms and went back into the living room to confront Aiden about it.