Back Chapter-Chapter 59

Aiden

Carter got up and gave me a pound. I chuckled, hugging him with my free arm. Liam almost screeched at Carter. Carter laughed despite that he was actually yawning. Adelyn grabbed the baby from me. I gently kissed her and whispered thank you. I hugged the family of hers I had met previously. Julia simply shook my hand. A woman with shocking blue eyes smiled kindly at Liam, at whom Liam was silent towards. I turned and felt Rachel's piercing glare.

" Rachel, it's a lovely surprise to see you here." I murmured sarcastically. Her blue eyes glowed with anger. Blaise placed her hand on Rachel's and calmed her. I noticed Adelyn's slight confusion but she dismissed it and continued to spoil our child. Rachel and I had always been at odds since we stepped foot at that dumpster they call a school. She wasn't my first girlfriend but something comparable to that. We were very close friends. When she saw me talking to a girl she simply walked off. She never talked to me again after that and I still don't know why exactly. It no longer mattered anymore. I was happily engaged with a child and another one on the way. She simply had a girlfriend.

" Rachel, do you want us to leave?"

" I wouldn't put that on you. I'm okay." I heard them murmur. If I could, I would make her forget me. She didn't need to blame herself for our spoiled relationship. Or whatever it was called.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
,

Original POV

*Later that night*

The fire place snapped and crackled as it burned progressively. Joshua and I stared into it, not quite entranced but something to that effect. Our naked bodies weren't entangled like they were most evenings or at all even. I simply sat in his lap and lie in his arms and he held me in return.

" What do you think we should do?" He asked tiredly.

I looked at him, the answer obvious in my eyes." Sleep? "

" That's not what I mean babe. I mean the fact that our daughter is literally dating an assassin."

" Oh. And the fact that our human daughter is dating a vampire. I think that's a bit more concerning." She sighed, stating it a bit obviously " The thing is, Adelyn knows her fiancé is an assassin. Why she's still with him beats me."

" Yeah, but it's still kind of hard. Blaise actually likes her though."

" And? She's a vampire that can shred our daughter to pieces..."

Adelyn

I pushed my hair back and slipped into bed with him, just as I noticed his very distant and glazed-over eyes. " Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, concerned. He looked over at me.

" Nothing. Is Liam asleep?" I nodded, leaning into his warm and bare chest. His strong arms supported me and made me feel welcome. I smiled at his sweet behavior.

" Are you feeling any better than earlier?"

" Yeah. Earlier, I was lightheaded. I think I'm alright now." I whispered. " I think I'll go get some food. " he grabbed my hand as I went to get up. Not in a harsh way, but showing he wanted my attention and I would give him at least that.

" Baby... I have to go back to work in another week or so." He whispered. I could see he didn't like it but in the end I was the most effected by his choice. I gently sat down on his lap. His arms instinctively wrapped around my waist and he held me to him.

" You know... I was thinking since Satan has protected houses for the fates... Maybe we should move there?" He was confused himself about the matter. I knew he loved what he did. But I also knew in the long run it would cause a lot of unnecessary fights between us. I might even make him choose between his family and his profession. I knew that was wrong and it would hurt him but being alone would hurt me just the same.

" Princess." He whispered, almost inaudibly. I looked back at him, focusing my attention.

" I think... It would be a good idea. As much as I know you love what you do, I want us to be together more." I moved my head to lie in the crook of his neck.
" Just... like this. I want you to spend more time with me and your children. But it's all up to you." He nodded in agreement. I could see how hard he was fighting with himself. I slowly placed a kiss on his cheek and forehead and delicately placed my hand under his chin. His eyes met my own gently and humbly.

" I don't want to make you choose. I just hope you choose right." My eyes grew slightly glassy with tears  " I think to myself every night when you're away that I hope you're making the right choice in doing what you do." I whispered, tearing up. His lips made no hesitation in taking care of my own. His kiss was warm and loving but I felt the bitter taste of his indecisiveness.

I felt a lot of pain in his words " I'm sorry, princess."

Blaise

I tried so hard to be on Ethan's good side. He barely even looked at me. I remember when I bumped into him. His Amber-Brown eyes looked at me darkly and I unintentionally blushed. I was already with someone and literally in a messy relationship with someone else. Plus... I was kind of sick.

" Babe." Rachel snapped. My thoughts were completely dispersed after that. I looked over at her.

" You've been out of it. Are you just... Not in the mood?" She moaned softly. I lie next to her semi-naked body. She still wore my clothes from earlier. She was just topless, next to me. I turned around to face her.

" I'm sorry, babe." I whispered tiredly. She nodded, understanding. She moved over and hugged me tightly. I sighed heavily again in her arms. Her tension was so thick it was almost palpable and I didn't know how to lie to a vampire for shit's sake. She would know it, so I continued to say nothing.

" You smell delicious... " she murmured softly. I easily broke the skin of my wrist. It wasn't new to me. Her habits were literally survival tactics. Her hypnotizing eyes looked at me... Both feral and holding back. It was like a white streak around her irises that pulsated almost. I nodded. Her tongue hungrily lapped at my wrist. She never took any more than I let her have. The guilt in her eyes was clear but I often ignored it. Tonight had just been an emotional roller coaster that I wasn't prepared for. And it was messing with me. My heart jumped when the door flung open.