Chapter 29

" And... Though I've given you gifts, I must tell you that your mother and brother are in hell."

" H-how?"

" Simple. She's in a room I own. I plan on talking to her and... If she no longer wants to see or talk to me... I guess I have to accept that."

" Why should you? If you want to be with her so bad, do anything to make this relationship work. I don't want you and mom seperate..." I whispered.

" No. I don't want us to be apart either. It has always been me that has maybe wanted her more than she wanted me. And... I should have known that." He whispered.

" No, dad, don't think that. Mom loves you so much. It's just... love hurts sometimes. But when it doesn't, it feels wonderful."

" You are so positive." He whispered. He pressed a wall and my mother looked beet red. She slapped my father across the face.

" What have you done? And where's Carter?" She yelled.

" Carter is fine."

" Go to your room and press the wall to the left of your closet and talk to Carter."

" I don't think I should be here right now." I whispered, backing out.

" Got it." I left and went up to my room. I did as instructed, and a gust of wind hit me. Carter sat on the floor in front of a patio sort of structure. It was very long and his entire room was here. There were linen like curtains whipping up gently, strange in contrast to the gusts of air I felt.

The ocean was right there, close enough to rip off your shirt and run to. Carter looked up at me. I sat next to him, pushing my hair away from my face, I leaned into him. He held me and kissed my forehead. I blushed as he rubbed my back, up and down.

" How are you?"

" I'm fine. Mom wants to speak to you soon after her and dad are done speaking."

" Okay." He whispered, his voice almost drowned out by the wind.

I nodded.

" If you need me, call for Londyn or Ashton. Those are my... I don't like to call them servants, but that's what they are. I looked up and saw them both at my brother's entrance. I nodded. He nodded.

" Just press that wall." I chuckled, pointing. He nodded. I left with Londyn and Ashton to my parents room. My blush grew hot as I realized what was going on before I approached the door. The moaning and creaking was enough for me to turn back around and head straight back to my room.

I sighed, slightly disturbed. 10 minutes before they were fighting. And now... had my father been able to that easily seduce my mother? I couldn't think about that. I re-routed back to the kitchen, getting some snacks to take with me to my room.

I dismissed Ashton and Londyn and walked a round for a little. I practiced hiding things and retrieving things. It became almost second nature. I not once dropped them, and was proud of myself. I heard a knock at the door and jumped, startled because the house was normally really quiet. I opened it and my brain broke, because what could I say to him?

" H-hi." I greeted nervously.

" Where's your father?" He asked, confused.

" Uhh.." I responded dully. I looked around thinking of something to make up, to stall.

" He's... he's with my mother... Oh come in!" I said awkwardly, trying my hardest to not make him uncomfortable. He nodded. I closed the door and hovered around.