Chapter 70-1: The Beginning of the end

Blaise

Blaise never cancelled. She waited patiently yet worriedly at the prom for almost half of the night now. Her worst fears were coming to life when a couple of girls snickered in her direction. She bit her lip, not trying to show it. She'd stay at the drink table, having a few cups of punch. But she was starting to wonder if Gabriela had shown her up. She hadn't even thought the prom would turn out this way. She thought Gabriela would cancel last minute. But nothing this cruel. She'd spent hours with her uncle, dyeing her hair chestnut and curling her hair just for prom.

She'd picked an ombre black dress with silver sparkles and was midnight blue at the floor. Her flats were black, dainty and slightly rounded. She had little makeup on, which made her beauty shine among the sea of makeup- heavy girls. Will and Callous didn't come to the prom. Neither did her other friends. She wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. Her heart raced in anticipation of something horrible. Or it could just be your pessimism, she thought. That calmed her nerves. Tonight would be fine. She'd leave right after they announced prom royalty. Some years, it wasn't always prom king and queen, so for the sake of inclusiveness, the school renamed it as prom royalty. Whenever there was a party beat, things got a little crazy. She walked about the colorful dance floor, strewn with confetti. She saw some boys near the drink table, but thought nothing of it. They were just doing some stuff. She stayed to the perimeter of the floor, as to not get caught up in the mess of bodies. Her eyes fell on a rouge-obsessed group of girls. Her old friends. Rachel and Bianca walked passed her, not even acknowledging Blaise was before them. Her dress was form fitting and bright flaming red that was unmatched. Her skin was flawless and she had dyed her hair and eyebrows a red-ginger color, with nothing but red accessories. Blaise missed her, but knew she couldn't go back to her. We broke up for a reason, she thought. She moved ahead and accidentally bumped into someone, taller than her. It was Ethan. He was surprised to see her. His eyes looked at her in admiration.

" You look gorgeous tonight." He whispered. Everything seemed to slow down and noise began to fade from the aggressive dancing and such. Or at least that's what Blaise thought. " Thank you." She whispered lightly. Her cheeks burned. He gave a short nod and went on his way. Everything was back to it's insane chaotic ways. She tried to enjoy the rest of the night. She partied with a girl she knew from physics. She had a few cups of punch and even flirted with this girl. Just a little. The girl shrugged it off and laughed, of course, absolutely unaware of Blaise' status.

The next song was very slow and somber, but sweet. Back to the sidelines, Blaise thought. She had another cup of punch, but felt slightly light headed. Her vision had gaps in it and everything was moving slow. Or fatss, she thought. Holy shit. Someone spiked the punch. She sighed. She tossed her cup in the trash and stood, focusing so she could try and stay somewhat sober. Ethan approached her, casually. " Hey, dance with me." She paused and though rationally ( surprisingly ) about this. Thinking about him holding her would make her burst in glee and other cheesy things.

" O-okay." She murmured, carefully taking his hand. She moved with him to... Was this Beabadoobee? She loved Beabadoobee. Steven somebody, she remembered. That made her smile. Ethan chuckled at her. He thought she was just happy to be there. He didn't think much of her slight dizziness. Maybe there was a lot of sugar in the punch. Too much sugar could make humans hyper, than crash. Maybe this was one of those. They danced and danced, danced along to the melancholy songs. The stage lights came on and everyone started to cheer. Ethan wasn't a ' cheering ' type of guy. He gave a small smile. He... He liked Blaise and she probably didn't like him back, which was fair. He had been unnecessarily rude sometimes, especially when she was feeling the worst.

" How are you guys doing tonight?" The principal came on stage and the crowd roared. " Per the votes casted, it looks like there are prom QUEENS tonight!" Everyone oohhed and speculated who it could be.