Chapter 7

I pushed her against the wall, hearing her soft whimper. I kissed her jaw and from there her throat. I could feel her trying so hard to deny the blossoms of feeling that I shot into her. I teased her until I genuinely kissed her lips. I grabbed her waist and thought of the things I would do to her curvaceous  figure. She resisted me because she was married, of course. But did I care? She knew that answer.

" I see what you do. You practically run a brothel. And I'm making you uncomfortable?" She struggled to get her wits together. I nibbled on her collarbone, waiting for a reply.

" I'm married... to Joshua... we can't do this. Not here." She whispered. She frustrated me badly with her resistance.

" If only you'll give him up. But there's no other way to make you do that than to show you." I whispered.

" Whatever," she said, rolling her eyes, " Make it quick. "

" That's what I thought, J'aime." I whispered in her ear.

I was ready to go back and apologize. To tell my wife what I had done. I confess to her, as if she were christ himself. I also had Bella to apologize to. Even if I did, I realized I could not repay her for the trouble I caused her. Maybe I could promote her, and we also needed a new secretary. I came home. And I went snuck straight to my bedroom. Which was where my heart broke in pieces. Romeo fucked my wife, not even noticing me come in. My wife's moans were deafening. Neither of them looked up until I had closed the door. They never stopped though. But I realized... I didn't have to apologize something someone else was doing. I had kissed Bella for a brief second. I had barely cheated. But she let him fuck her. And it was all going to be fine. I poured a bottle of strong liquor and walked out. I peeked in Bella's room. She got up from her sleep almost immediately, sitting up in bed.

" Can I crash here?" I whispered, closing the door behind me.

" Um... sure." I nodded my thanks and sat in her arm chair.

" My lord... you don't have to sleep in that chair. Come here." She murmured. I got up and she made space for me to lie down next to her. Her kindness and good intent always surprised me. I didn't expect such from human beings anymore. All we wanted was more money and more power. Love doesn't occur to some of us.

" My lord... don't you have an entire quarter to yourself?" She asked quietly.

" I'm really sorry, Bella. I really am." I whispered from behind her.

" I forgave you before I even said those words. I never meant any of them." She whispered.

" Romeo is in my bed... having brutal sex with my wife. I was ready to come home and apologize to her... but of course, nothing turned out as planned."

" Does it ever?" I whispered. I ran to the chair across the room. I would not break in front of her. I broke anyways. It seemed the harder I tried at something, the higher my chances were of failing. I covered mu eyes, feeling like a great pit was opening where my heart should be. I felt Bella's cool hands on my arms.

" Please stop crying, my lord." She whispered sincerely. She got some tissues from her night stand and lightly dabbed at my tears. I could see her watching me carefully. Despite how dark it was she managed to dry my tear stained face. I grabbed her hand and held it. I began to laugh, but I ended up bursting into tears. She held my face in her small hands. She dropped to her knee and wiped away my tears.

I had no clue what to do. I wiped his tears away. I cried when others did. I grabbed his face in both my hands and I did the unimaginable. I took his lips in my own. I kissed slowly but softly. I saw his bright and wide eyes as I let go. I saw him close them and he lift me shamelessly onto his lap. He buried his head in the crevice of my neck and sobbed.

" She was never worth your tears, my lord. I will take you to bed." I murmured. I sat up and pulled him into my bed. I pushed his hair aside and kissed his forehead ever so lightly. I lie next to him, in his warm arms.

" Shhh. Go to sleep." I whispered. He obeyed my command and began to fall asleep. He fell asleep before me. Anything to get him to not cry, drink... or defy my instructions. I slowly was myself consumed by the very essence of what I had been doing before he came in.

" Bella." He whispered. I slowly opened my eyes. It was morning and my lord had slept next to me. It gave me a slight tingle down my spine.

" Yes, my lord?"

" I'm sorry about what happened last night. I-i-"

" I am you're servant. And serving you is what I am here for-"

" You don't get it. I love you, Bella. Last night wasn't supposed to turn out that way. I was supposed to come to your room and I would either grant you freedom or promote you, If you-"

"My-"

" Please stop. Just call me Joshua." He whispered.

" M-m J-joshua..." I stammered lightly. He chuckled and sat up. He left my bed and went to the bathroom. I sighed and sat up too. I had made a bold move last night. Kissing him may have been the wrong thing to do. I didn't want to outright do it and I didn't want him to think of me perversely. I blushed a hard red. I didn't want him... to go away.

" Are you okay, Bella?"

" I-i'm okay." I said a little bit too loudly. He sat back on the bed and pulled me into his arms. I protested but, he pulled me down anyway.

" How are you feeling?"

" I don't want you to... to lead me on. So if you don't love me at all, I want you to tell me." He whispered. I looked up at him, into his broken eyes and whispered.

" I love you, Joshua." I sighed.

" I didn't think you wanted somebody's damaged goods." He chuckled.

" I didn't ask that. Nor did I say that. You're mine. And I'm keeping you. If you'll accept... me." I whispered, blushing.

" I have always loved you... I just..."

" I know." I said, nodding. 

" So..." he whispered nervously. He was searching my eyes for a genuine answer.

" Yes." I nodded. He looked so relieved. Like he wanted to almost cry. My love wasn't worth much. But if he wanted it, I would give it to him.