Chapter 15: The Period

Începe de la început

       "What're you eating?" You almost jumped out of your skin at Jasper's voice, exhaling harshly as you looked back at her.

       "Don't do that Jasper! How the fuck are you so quiet, goddamn...I didn't even hear you come down the stairs." Jasper chuckled, her white hair falling over the back of the couch as she leaned on it.

       "You didn't answer my question," the gem stated, poking you in your neck.

       "It's called a parfait."

       "What does it have in it?"

       "(F/f), yogurt, granola, and whipped cream," you replied, licking your spoon again.

       "And you didn't make me one?" Jasper asked, sounding hurt. You laughed, covering your mouth so your food wouldn't fall out.

       "I didn't think you were going to wake up until later, for one, and I assumed you wouldn't want anything like this."

       "I'm always open to trying new things," Jasper replied, walking around the sofa to sit next to you. She had on another set of pajamas your mother had bought her, this set consisting of green shorts and a black sports bra. You blushed slightly, looking away from the gem.

       "You're open to trying new things, huh?" you said after clearing your throat.

       "Foodstuff mostly. Don't get it twisted," Jasper said with a growl, throwing her left arm over the back of the couch behind you. You chuckled, looking up at the analog clock on your wall. It was only around seven-fifteen, but for some reason, you felt like you had somewhere to be. Why is my anxiety flaring up? I don't have to go to work until nine. You sighed in an attempt to calm down, sucking on the cold metal spoon. "Hey, you okay?" Jasper asked, tilting her head to look you in your face. You raised your eyebrows and then nodded quickly.

       "Y-Yeah. I just...have this feeling like I have to be somewhere or that something bad is going to happen today." Jasper nudged your arm, causing you to turn your attention back to her. She had a faint blush on her cheeks.

       "Don't worry about it. If anything bad happens, I'll handle it...okay?" You smiled softly at her, leaning back against the couch cushions.

       "Thanks, Jasper...do you still want to try this?" The gem nodded so you handed her the glass and the spoon, standing to your feet. "I'm going to take a quick walk, but I'll be back," you said as you ran up the stairs, to grab your phone and then quickly headed out of the door. You walked along the shoreline of the beach, your feet making tracks in the wet sand. You breathed in the salty sea air, already feeling a little better. You looked down at the phone in your hand, unlocking it and going to your contacts. You scrolled to Miguel's, clicking on his name. You put your phone to your ear to hear the default buzzing sound of the other line ringing. Soon enough, Miguel picked up and you smiled, stopping your trek across the beach. "Hey!"

       "Buenos dias mi amor!" You giggled, watching as the waves crashed calmly in front of you.

       "I have a favor to ask, Papa."

       "Anything baby, go ahead."

       "Well, there's a little damage in my house. The marble countertop on my kitchen island is cracked, I have a few tiles on my floor missing, and there's a hole in my wall. Do you happen to know anyone that I can talk to who can fix those things?"

       "Dios mío! What happened chica?" You laughed awkwardly, twisting your hair around your finger as you continued walking again.

       "Eh...it's a long story. Can you help?"