chapter thirty

As I said before that I would write a summary. Angelique is almost raped when she does something she never thought she would do again. She screams.

The pure shock on Steven's face. I continue to scream. Within two seconds, three things happen. One the door flies open. Two Steven flies into wall, with a groan. The third I probably will never understand. Clive, Death, Dad, Lynn, Mom, Alex stand in the doorway.

More demons surround me. They get closer.

“Cover me" Clive commands as he rushes to my side. Alex pulls out sword. The fight is epic let me tell you. They all fight for what, I don't know.

“Are you okay, Angelique. I'll get you out if it's the last thing I do" Clive cuts me free. I try to stand but fall backwards. Clive picks me up bridal style.

“Clive how long have I been out" a voice asks. I think it's mine but can't tell. The voice almost sounds angelic.

“Two weeks" he holds me tight. We walk out to a car. Clive sets me down, cupping my cheek.

“What are your injuries?"

“The golden gate bridge" the voice says.

“Okay, I am going to assume your fine. Maybe in shock" Clive sets my head in his lap. I blink a couple times.

“I was almost raped" I mummer.

“I'm going to kill Steven" Clive brushes my hair back. He kisses my bruised wrists.

“Clive why did you save me. I was mean" I ask.

“I heard an awful sound that makes every angel weep. A scream by one of their siblings in arms. Everyone in heaven and hell heard it. Any angel walking on earth heard it. Even the demons. So when you asked why I saved you. It's because you mean the world to me. First it was just an assignment, mission. Then feelings grew towards you" Clive admits.

“I could be kicked out of heaven for loving you" Clive whispers.

“Aww that is the sweetest thing someone has ever told me" I grin. I lean toward Clive. I kiss him on the lips.

Clive blinks before kissing me back. I probably shouldn't but it feels right.