chapter twenty-eight

“You must be wondering why you and I are in this room" Ben places his hand under my chin. I jerk my head away. He slaps me hard that's going to leave a bruise. The sharp sting, I struggle further.

“Well if you haven't guessed then you must be stupid. I am a demon little girl. I have been under appreciated by Lucifer! And you get treated like royalty, you nit wit. I like you, really but you just make hell weaker by distracting Death and Lucifer from their evil plans. Do you realize how hard it is to get you alone with no one watching over you?" Clive rants. He raises his hand striking me again.

My head snaps to the side from the blow. I pick up my head again. Ben grabs the chair, making me look at him.

“You are worthless. I would take care of you because you are more beautiful than I really expected" he cups my cheek. “But you would rather be with Clive" Ben snarks.

So what I'm hearing is that he's jealous.

“What does Clive have that I don't?" Ben yells. I receive another slap.

“Answer me GOD DAMN IT!" He yells in my face. I can't sign the only way I can talk to him.

“Wait I forget your mute. Don't cry" Ben wipes a tear away. “I promise I'll make it fast".

I try moving again, the rope cuts into my skin. Ben puts the chair back in place. I watch him move further away from me. Ben opens the door.

“I think you'll recognize our special torturer Steven" Ben smirks. “And if you behave, I'll let you live. Of course not with your family but with me". I gag a lot.

“Hello Angelique" Steven strolls in.