chapter seven

I just don't get it. I am hope that I can understand what he's saying first.

“Your Mom and me one day got together. I was very very drunk. I also got your mom pregnant with you. In all honesty I didn't think I could procreate after your brother Death. So I was excited to have another child, but your Mom wanted me to stay far away from you.

I told her that I would stay away only if she stayed in town, and let Death watch over you and if you got to pick who you lived with when you were fifteen.  When she finally gave birth to you. Your mom took a picture of you and gave it to Death. I of course was confused for why you didn't have any of my features. I thought it was a mistake but kept my promise as long as you were out of danger.

You mom thought after eleven years I would forget about you. So she tried to leave. I of course stopped her from leaving. I yelled at your Mom that it's physically impossible for you to leave the town. She tried to leave anyways at the border.... it shocked your body, then you started to have a seizure. Then your heart stopped for three minutes" My Dad bites his lip before trying to continue.

“Dad it's okay wasn't your fault" Death glances at me. I wonder if he's a skeleton under that robe? I don't think he is. But you never know.

“The only way I could revive you was to start the change. Then you went into the coma. Your memories deleted themselves" Dad continues. I sign that I have to go to school.  He doesn't seem to notice.

“You voice is something I have been pondering over. Then you went through a physical change" Death picks up. I don't want to hear any more. I walk to the one side to the other, pacing. My Mom was the cause of it. What would have happened if she just listened to him.

I need to be outside. Why did I want to know? Something clicks, He said sixteen right. No he said fifteen but I was in the hospital. I watch the Devil carefully trying to detect what he is thinking. He takes my hand tightly.

“Dad the only reason I brought Angelique here is because she was having a panic attack and I think it's time that she gets space" Death grunts. I shift uncontrollably, My dad took his hand away. I sign that I want to go back. I move my tongue in my mouth.

Did one of my vocal cords break? Or something. Or post traumatic stress?