Chapter two

I wake up on the cold floor. I glance at the clock. It claims it's 3:30 in the morning. I shut the window. I walk to the closet opening it.

I pick out a black band t-shirt. I grab a pair of  skinny jeans. This room lacks pictures, posters and random paper. Something I'm sure I would have laying around the room. It seems like I never existed before now.

I put away the suitcase. Everything feels bare and empty. I walk in the kitchen. I look over to the window. The sun starts coming up, giving a slight light to the world.

I go in the living room to see the view better. I scan over the selection of movies. I get one day until I go to school. A light footstep warns me someone else is in the room. I look at the shadow.

I didn't see a face but the figure got closer.

“Hello Angelique" I sign for the person to get out. He sighs before disappearing. Must be a hallucination. One of the side effects of my meds. I walk to the kitchen, it is five. What only two minutes ago it was 3:30.

I jump to the conclusion of me spacing out. I walk to the room putting on the clothes I laid down earlier. I brush my vibrant hair. Must look normal other wise I might get shipped back to the hospital. I look at the schedule.

My first hour is art, second hour is algebra 2. Third hour is band, fourth is accelerated English. Fifth science and six is history. The worst part would be finding classes.

I move away from the dresser. I walk into the kitchen. I sit at the table.

“Jesus it's freakin cold" Lynn comments. I sign that it feels warm to me. Lynn grabs a pan.

“Do you want bacon and eggs?" Lynn asks. I nod my head yes. Lynn starts cooking. I stand up and go to the bathroom. I get out a minute later.

What am I going to do for today? I guess I could read. I look at my dark voids. I wonder if I could get my mom to buy contacts.

Wait I know what I can do. I can look up what happened five years ago, I think. Or two years, as I said before dates and time I do not remember.

I was eleven when it happened so it has been five years. Yep so I was right. I go to find the stress ball. I find it on the table.

I start to squeeze the ball in my hands. I throw it up and catch. My first memory is waking up with a bracelet. A black spike bracelet. I walk back into the kitchen sitting in the chair.

Lynn puts some eggs and bacon on a plate. I poke at the egg before eating it.