chapter four

A kid walks up to me during lunch. I look at her.

“Please come to my table" I shake my head no. I don't like the way he is staring at me. He grabs my hand.

“I can't let the prettiest girl eat alone" he tries to convince me to go with him. I just walk away. He grabs my hand.

I sign that no I won't go with him. I see the shadow coming closer to us.

“Come with me now" he growls. The shadow grabs his wrist and yanks on him. His face goes pale. Sheryl pushes him back.

“Sorry I'm late" she apologizes. A spark of fear in her eyes. I nod then spun quickly around following Sheryl to her table. The boy glares at me.

“This is Tami she's deaf but can speak, the one over there is Robin he has a speech impediment and that is Ben he is albino with a hint of split personality disorder " she points to each one of her members. I smile and sign nice to meet you.

“Angelique said nice to meet you" Sheryl translates to the rest. Ben quickly signs that I have interesting eyes. I look down at my bag lunch. I pull out the apple and eat it . Ben talks to Tami.

“Did you see the shadow earlier?" I froze mid bite of a cookie. 'yes' I answer.

“It... su..uppose...ddly follo..ows dan...nger ma...agnets. Als...so it prrr..otects the..e we...eak" Robin continued. I roll my eyes at him. I point at the shadow, then stuck my tongue out. Oh yes, so scary. Sheryl's jaw drops. I turn and found the hottest man alive.

He stood six foot, black hair, bright blue eyes, and has a lot of muscles. He must know that he's hot because that shirt is tight. I blink a couple of times, to make sure it's not a dream. I wonder what his disorder is?

“That right there is Clive Owen. He has no friends and doesn't talk to anyone" Sheryl continues to gaze. Ben waves a hand in her face. Robin still stares at Clive. I throw away my leftovers.

“I suppose I should take Angelique to class if you two keep drooling" Ben leads me to our next class. I walk with him to science. My legs felt like jello. I pick a seat towards the back with Ben at my side. I notice a blind student with a vertically challenged person.

“You might want to not take anything Katrina says personally" Ben whispers in my ear. I nod, studying all the students in their cliques. The bell rings when the teacher walks in.

“Yes we have a new student named Angelique. Now come up here and tell us about yourself" is this teacher crazy. I nudge Ben.

“Sir she is mute" he glares at the teacher. I turn my attention to the scenery outside. I still don't escape the teachers wrath.

“Ben how about you translate for us" the teacher suggests. I sigh before going up. I sign that I have one mom, one dad and a older sister. I like to read and write. Ben translates, then I walk to my seat. Ugh the one teacher, only teacher who asked.

The rest of the hour Mrs. Taco bell kept calling on random students. I was becoming more and more antsy like an itch you can't scratch. I shift in my chair. The shadow walks through a wall. The bell rings, so I grab my stuff and head outside to the other building.

A girl walks up to me “Hey mute, did you know I run the school so just stay out of my way. Then we will get a long just fine" this must be Katrina. I raise a eyebrow. I mean seriously who says that to a new kid. If she's that worried about being taken over as queen bee then she must have confidence issues. She was all by means beautiful. Then Katrina walks away hanging on the student council member from earlier.