Chapter fourteen

I claim the last of the pizza as my own as soon as I walk in the door.

“Mom you can't expect me to pick up Angelique everyday. Despite what you think I do have a social life" yells Lynn.

“I don't care, I don't trust anyone with your baby sister" Mom shouts back.

“News flash she is not a baby anymore" Lynn yells again. I shrink down and walk/run to my room.

“Really I don't see her talking or being capable of taking care of herself" Mom shouts pure anger flooded through. I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

“I am not the one who got pregnant by the devil himself" Lynn continues to yell. I crawl to the corner of the room.

“You ungrateful child" Mom shrieks. I put my head on my knees. Tears started flowing down my cheeks.

“I could have left the country like every other child" Lynn screams again.

“Then maybe I would be less stressed out" Mom yells. Something gets broken in the other room. I spot Death in my room.

“That was my favorite vase" mom shouts.

“I bet it's more important than my commitment to this fucked up family" Lynn yelps. I cover my ears, I felt like my family is breaking apart. Death changes and sits next to me. I put my head on his shoulder.

“Do you want to go somewhere quiet" Death asks in a whisper. Death wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me close.

“Hey shush Angel, shush" I sob in the inside not that I can show it. I wipe a tear from my face. I zip up my sweater.

“I know a place where we can go if you want" Death coeds. I just nod my head. Pathetic, useless and invisible a little voice in my mind says. We are whisked away. I keep my eyes shut.

We were at the woods. I listen to the other animals. Death holds onto  my shaking body.

“I couldn't find another place close by" Death apologizes. I sign that it's okay, its quiet enough. I hug my self for warmth.

“Did they say something that upset you or was it the yelling?" He sets me on his lap. In all honesty I don't know why I'm upset. I just know I'm upset. I sign that it was the combination of the two.

“Okay, let's just sit here until they stop yelling" Death comments. I listen to a woodpecker in the distance.

“Are you cold" I nod my head slowly. Then whoosh we're back into hell.