chapter six

I tippy toe to the door. People in the kitchen speaking in hushed voices.

“What if she finds out about her dad? Not most people would take that well" Lynn clutches her hands together.

“That's why we won't tell her about death and the devil. She is fragile and can't speak who knows why? She is perfectly fine as is. I think it would be best to uproot and leave this whole thing behind us" Mom whispers back.

“We can't and we both know it. She almost died last time we did. I think we should have her go to a online school. That way he can't ever get to her" Lynn suggests. I start breathing heavily.

“I think he already sent death to watch her. I've seen him in the house" Mom sobs. I feel like I can't get enough air in my lungs. Death comes back towards me. I push away from the wall.

“How can mere humans keep the devil away from a child?" Lynn whispers. 

“Angelique please come with me" Death holds out a pale hand. I don't think that would be wise. I push myself into the wall quaking in the knees. I shiver feeling a massive breeze. Death walks closer.

“I won't hurt you. I just want to take you home" Death sighs, as I walking back to my room. Death puts down his hand. I shake my head out of confusion. What did he mean this wasn't my house? I lived here before the accident and now live here after the accident.

Thoughts swirled, who is my father? Am I the devil's daughter? if I am why did he leave me?

“All of your questions will be answered just ask"  I ask him the first question. Death's hand rubs the back of his head. I frown feeling uncertain about the atmosphere. I no longer hear my mom and Lynn talking. Just silence, beautiful silence.

“Unfortunately I can't understand a word of what you said so I'll just take you to your dad" Death grabs my arm. I struggle to get free, when I'm whisked away to hell. Death lets go before I fall into him. Wide eyed I lock eyes with another black eyes. I take two steps back before tripping over my feet. I fall into a wall.

I start signing with my shaky hands. Where am? Who the fuck are you? And why do you want me? What is this place? I fire question after question.

“I didn't know you are mute. I've told you before tell me anything. I know where I went wrong" He mutters to himself.