chapter twenty

I was discharged from the hospital. They changed my dose for my medication, thinking that's the problem. My dad said I shouldn't take the pills. There was more fighting.

So here I am sitting on my bed reading a book. The consistent beeping of my phone was starting to get really annoying so I finally read the message.
Where are you?

Are you ok?

That's it I'm coming over there. I respond saying I'm fine and I just had a panic attack and had to go home. I pick up the book. I was just getting to the good part(the ending). Then suddenly without any warning a pebble was thrown at my window.  I run out of the room faster then you can say wow. I sigh out of breath when Mom runs into me.

“What was that?" I point to my room. Mom takes the lead and I hand a bible. We throw the door open showing a guy in a ski mask.

“What are you doing in my house?" Mom questions getting ready to throw the bible. He runs and jumps out the window. A car speeds off into the night.

“We are switching rooms" Mom demands. I just nod, grabbing my hangers. I set them on my mom's bed. We finish moving our stuff from one room to the other. It was midnight. I crawl to the middle, curling up before sleep takes over me.

I wake up at six am. I pick out my clothes for the day. Then I pack my stuff in my backpack. I sling it over my shoulder. I walk in the kitchen, eat and walk out. Ben picks me up in hid car in the pouring rain. Making me wish I brought a rain jacket. He turns the wrong way. I told him that.

“I am just taking a short cut" Ben looks back. I turn my head watching a car follow us. Ben turns as white as a sheet before turning around.

“I thought there was a turn here" he explains.