chapter nineteen

I flip my notebook upside down. The teacher walks by and I pretend to write down the painting. The bell rings I run down the hall to my class. A crowd circles me and I attempt to duck but get knocked down. I fall to the ground and almost get trampled on, I disappear into the bathroom.

I breath, to startled to know what happen. I just appear into the bathroom, how did I do that?  I stare at space, I start getting uneasy. My vision disappearing not noticing anything or anyone. I just stop many things. I hear a couple voices only picking out one.

“She's here, I think she is in shock" it said. I can't hear anything beside my own heartbeat. I briefly feel something warm but even that sense vanishes. A panic attack is what I had or a allergic reaction to medicine.

All I hear is pure silence, feel nothing, and see nothing. Almost like a coma but I'm awake in here somewhere.

I blink a couple times. I take in the light and my surroundings. I'm in the hospital.

“Miss. River you gave all of us a scare" a friendly nurse nearby says. I tilt my head apologetically. Mom rushes in with Lynn by her side.

“Angelique were you upset? Did you freak out?" I answer with a no to each question. Then things go from bad to worse. My dad walks in with death in their human forms. Mom eyes get bigger and wider like an anime child's eyes.

“Stay away from me and Angelique" Mom shouts. Dad flinches before responding.

“I have stayed far away long enough. It's her decision" Dad growls. I move my feet to the edge.

“At least I know she better fits in with the humans"

“No she belongs at home surrounded by her kind" Dad yells.

“Both of you stop yelling for one of two reasons. One your in a hospital, two your both scaring Angelique" Death hisses. Everyone turns to me with my body curled up.

“You get scared of yelling" Lynn laughs both parents glare.

“It's probably because she can't speak or stop it like when you two were fighting so bad I had to bring her to hell" Death says coolly.