Chapter twelve

I got to school with Ben again, I stand next to him. Ben marches up to our group of friends. I'm scared to go to second hour, I bet it was Steven because I rejected him. I walk to my first hour, and start sketching the woods behind my house.

I hold on to the image that floated in my head of a Christmas three years ago when I first woke up. I sketched the fake tree with the small packages under it. I remember the people standing in front of it singing. I remember that I was in the wheel chair.

I drew the whole scene. Every detail from the tiling to the white walls with pictures hanging on the wall.

“What are you drawing now" I pull the pencil away. Someone looks familiar in the picture.

“Is that Clive?" Sheryl points to a guy in the choir. I sign is it and look closer. The person had the same characteristics. I sign that I draw what I see.

“I think it is, I wonder if he recognizes you from there" Sheryl claps her hands.

We had a sub so we watched a video. I continued to sketch out the scene in my head. I am not forgetting about it. Sheryl drops her head to my picture. I brought my pencil to continue to draw.

“Is that the grim reaper?" Sheryl giggles. I don't know when I drew him in. I shut the notepad. Then bang my head on the table quietly. I eventually stop, the bell rings. I stuff my stuff in the bag.

I walk slowly to my second hour. I sit at the door. I hope that Steven isn't here. I put my bag next to the seat. Steven comes in the room. Clive sits in the seat next to me.

“Hope you don't mind me taken this seat" Clive smiles smugly. Steven glares at me. My hand shakes under the table. I silently thank the Greek gods.

“If you don't mind but I would like to walk to your classes" Clive asks. I write down that I don't mind. Clive smiles before turning his attention to the teacher. I write down the assignments and read the textbook. I finish the whole thing.

The whole time Steven glares at me and Clive. After class I gather my stuff. Then Clive walks me to the next classroom. I thank him for walking me to class. Clive grins at me before leaving. I sit down in the string section. I take out my  violin.