chapter sixteen

“Angelique you look frustrated. Do you need help" Clive asks. I nod and he starts teaching me proofs.

“I can't help but notice you need help babe. I could teach you a couple things" I give Steven the bird. I grin at them.      

“I think it's time for you to leave her alone" Clive announces making the go away signal. I place my head on the desk.  I hit the guy with my textbook. The teacher turned around.

“Is there a problem here boys" He says. I befriend the teacher by saying nothing is happening with a gentle smile. Jeez I hate smiling more than Steven himself. I try to not to let the smile disappear but it did. Within two minutes it disappeared.

Clive lowers his head to talk to me. “What are you are doing tonight" Clive whispers. I write down nothing is happening.

“So would you come with me to the grocery store at 6" Clive stammers. I grab a pencil to write of course I would.

“Okay it's a date" I grab his hand from under the table. Clive smiles and continues to teach me proofs.

The rest of the day went smoothly except for a fight. Making me want to learn self defense. I text my mom that I was going with a friend and he'll drop me off.

“Here's my baby" Clive coes over a black sleek motorcycle. He puts one leg over and I jump on. Clive turns it on and we go flying down the highway. I wrap my arms around his waist.