chapter three

I sit at the computer absorbing the information in front of me. Apparently it was bulling gone wrong. A kid named Biff beat the shit out of me and I got up and fell before a car ran me over. Nearly all the bones in my body were broken, or shattered.

I went into a coma shortly after. Why didn't I die? Not that I'm angry about living and everything but still why. I now know why they didn't want to talk about what had happened. I wipe a tear. How did my family stand by waiting everyday for me to wake up?

Everyone at school must know about this. I feel like this story is untrue. It feels off. Maybe they told that to the press to cover up what really happened. What happened? I flop on my bed. It doesn't explain why I can't talk.

“Angelique dinners ready" Mom shouts like I'm deaf or something along those lines. What's really ober weird is that my mom and sister look like they are twins. Same blonde hair, same dark blue eyes, same height, and same tan skin.

I walk to the kitchen, before I trip over a book. I pick it up squinting. One and a half devil it read. I place it on the bookshelf. I sit at the wooden table. Mom when can I meet Dad? I sign to her. She frowns a little.

“Are you excited for school" Lynn comes to mom's rescue. I shake my head no. I rest my head on my hands. Man has it been a long day. Little later I went to bed and slept.

The blanket was roughly thrown off me. I gasp at the coldness of the room. A shadow held the blanket, then nodded to the clock. I look at the clock, five o'clock in the morning. I sign thank you. Since its just a figment of my imagination there's nothing to worry about.

I pick out some black jeans with a avenge sevenfold t. I go to the bathroom to get dressed. Then walk back to my room, throwing the clothes roughly in the basket. I grab a stripes and polka dots sock with a stars and zig-zagged sock. I put them on my big feet.

I go to the dresser and apply mascara, eye shadow, lip stan, and eyeliner. I stare at my face far from normal. I put in the contacts. They are green Cheshire like. I can't believe that mom said yes.

I eat cereal with milk. I wash the dishes that I used. My name is Angelique Minera. I grab my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder. Lynn grabs my hand and drags me to the truck. Once at the old school I climb out.

I walk towards the school. Many people stare at me when I walk by. I hold my head up high. People whisper all around me. A guy walks right up to me.

“Hey I'm a member of the student council. I will show you to your class" I nod at the boy. He walks me to my class. I ask him his name.

“Sorry I don't understand sign language" He walks away. I take a seat next to a girl. I set down the bag. I pull out pen and notebook. I draw the girl next to me.

“Is that suppose to be me?" She asks. I smile at her and nod.

“My name is Sheryl with an s" Sheryl sticks out a hand. I shake her hand. Then stop and spell out Angelique. She signs oh you can't speak. So the rumors are true for once.

I didn't know they taught sign language here. Well I guess it's probably because all the children here have a disability of some sort.

“You know the drill draw the plant in the middle of the table" a really ugly man/women instructs. I can't tell with the facial hair and lightly plucked eyebrows. I take my number two pencil and sketch out the Rose.

I take the project one step further and chalk the rose a light pink. The stem is a dark green, with silver thorns. A drop of blood and puddle was added but if anyone asked its a table cloth. I start shading in the background so the rose stuck out more, besides it's more realistic.

“Very good Angelique. Way to bring it up a couple notches" I look up and conclude its a woman. She picks up the paper.

“Everyone look here. This is a great example of what I want you to do" I look down. The teacher continues to talk about my drawing I just tune out, shaking a little.