Dragmire's War - Mask Thief

Start from the beginning

"I have met with a terrible fate..." the man mourned. "Haven't I?"

"You have brought this on yourself." A defiant voice said behind him.

He growled angrily, and continued his work. He filled his bags with anything and everything he could get his hands on. A blanket and a pillow he tore off the bed. He threw open the fine silverware drawer and pulled out handfuls of silver utensils. He tossed in a couple goblets and gold plates. He thrust open his clothing closet and despaired, there was so much.

"You know you are going to die, right?"

Spurred on by her words, he grabbed armfuls of clothes and stuffed them in. He had to stand atop and thrust down with his feet to make it work.

"Quiet." He hissed.

"You know of the Majora King's public declaration of protecting us! Let us go!" Kuroko Dragmire pleaded from where she and Malon were tied. Malon cried silently while Kuroko refused to stop fighting against the binding. "I promise, I'll put in a good word!"

"I said, 'Quiet!' You know I cannot trust that! You'll turn on me the first chance you can. You and I are all who remain. You think I don't know how this will go? You'll just flash your demonic red eyes at him, and he will take you into his arms again."

"I haven't been that woman since I left. It has been a breath of fresh air each and every day since your fat master died!" She spit. "Just like you had the chance to renew yourself under the new regime. Instead you try to undermine everything!"

The man kicked open a chest and leaned down into it. He threw off a blanket and books covering up the contents beneath. He stopped to catch his breath. "There is no leaving the business... Kuroko."

He pulled out the mask of Zant and placed it in another bag.

"Course, you can." She glanced at Malon. "Let her go. Take me. I'll stay quiet wherever we go."

"No!" Malon cried. Kuroku shushed her.

The man pulled out another mask. There was no room for this one so he tied it to a string on the outside of the bag. He did the same with another mask, then another, and another. Kuroko felt her blood chill as the freakish masks started to pile up. They depicted people and monstrous beasts screaming in stilled horror. Some were also blank, as if depicting no faces at all.

He heard a sound outside and looked down from the window to see Ganondorf running into the front door below.

Time was up.

He said, "Unfortunately, your promise will not be good enough. Your silence must be assured..."

"If you dare kill us!"

"Oh, I won't have to do that." He snapped off a pair of blank masks. "You see, I have come to learn the Majora do not imprison. Nor do they execute. They do something different. Something... truly special."

He walked up to them with a wide smile on his face. A very wide smile, as if his face had cracked and become a smiling mask itself. Kuroko tried to move, to physically shield Malon or move them both back from the madman, but the binding held firm and dug into her bloody raw wrists.

The man grabbed her by the red hair with one hand and thrust a blank mask on her face. Kuroko screamed into the mask. Light shimmered and flashed from the seam where her face touched it.

Red cords like rope erupted from the sides of the mask by the thousands and in an instant wrapped themselves around her until she was effectively mummified. The man stepped back in surprise, never having witnessed it before. Red cords wrapped her tighter and tighter, and her head seemed to be pulled into the mask. The mask swallowed her head, yet she continued to scream.