eighteen

chapter eighteen— No Regrets.

Continuation from 15 years ago..
Oh how Jungkook wished he looked up at his bedroom to see what his brother was about to commit...

As Jungkook was helping his baby sister up become steady on the top of the slide, her giggles were filling his ears with joy. As he climbs up as well, her giggles suddenly...

stopped.

As she fell into Jungkooks arm

with a crack on her forehead bleeding out.

Jungkook was at shock, not knowing what happened to his baby sister.

Until he looked up from where he thought it may have come..

and he was right.

It came from his bedroom window where Jongu stood looking down at them, smirking and then turning and disappearing.

Jungkook looked back down at his almost lifeless sister and screamed.

"MOM DAD!" As he sobbed when he saw his sisters eyes suddenly closing, her weak hands coming up to wipe his tears.

"N-nu c-c-crying k-kookie, d-don't like it," as her eyes closed shut. The parents came running to them as Jungkook fell to the ground with his sister still in his arms. Crying intensely as he stared down at his lifeless sister.

"MY BABY!" The mother sobbed as she saw her daughter bleeding hard and dead.

"What the FUCK happened Jungkook?!" The father cried out as he took his daughter out of Jungkooks arms and tried to check if she had a pulse...

nothing.

no beat, no sound except the mourning coming from the mother and Jungkook.

"J-jongu... he did t-this to her." Jungkook says with venom dripping out of his voice. The parents eyes went wide, not believing such nonsense. But somehow, they knew he was right.

The father, pissed, marches up to their shared bedroom only to find it empty. Jongus drawer was open and empty.

He had run away.

They never saw him since that day. Not at the funeral. Not at the police station. Nowhere. They couldn't find him.

Until five years later when they come in contact as Jeongguk and Jungkook were walking home from school since they didn't live far away.

"Missed me?" A cough makes the two turn and their eyes turn wide. Jeongguk whimpers as Jungkook pulls his brother behind him to protect him. By then, Jeongguk was already slipping in little space.

"What the fuck do you want you nasty bastard?" Jungkook glares at his 'brother,' but Jongu lost that title long ago.

"Nothing, just wanted to say hi to you two. I've missed you guys oh so dearly," Jongu says with venom laying out.

"Fuck off, go and- I don't fucking know, do that crazy shit you always do. Go and fucking hurt people since that's what you're best at," Jungkook snaps. He wasn't afraid like five years ago. He became stronger after that incident with his sister and promised to protect his brother, Jeongguk, from whatever.

"Oh ho ho, seems like Kookie got tough huh? That's cute. I remember the days when you were all afraid and whimpering just by my stare. You were oh so adorable all vulnerable. Now you're different." Jongu smiles and tries to touch Jungkooks shoulder, only to get a hard punch in the gut.

"Don't fucking touch me nor my brother you disgusting fuck," Jungkook says kicking him everywhere as Jongu didn't defend himself, only laughing at the amount of times he's been kicked.

"Don't even come near us or you'll regret it, go and die in a ditch you monster."

"Oh I'll show you a monster kookie, I'll show you a monster." And with that, the two leave quickly before Jongu gets up and follows them.

After that, they knew they weren't safe nor were the people they were close with. So they kept their circle small but strong, and made sure they protected the ones they love.

———

Double update as a thank you gift for 20k !!! I never thought we'd even go past a 100. It's so cool jsnxn, i love you guys lots. I will try updating more early so you guys don't have to wait. Maybe i'll even triple update 🤔 hehe we'll see.

Thank you guys for everything 🥺 I love you.