Chapter Forty-Eight: Awake

Jennie's POV

I slowly open my eyes and the light and white ceiling is what I first saw. I look around and I saw another bed beside mine, Jisoo unnie is right there sleeping. I look at my right side and saw Lisa sleeping, her arms are on top of the bed and her head is on top of her arms. She's facing me and her mouth slightly open.

My parents were right, they need me and I need them.

I slowly touch my Lili's face. She opens her eyes and got shocked seeing me awake.

"NINI!" YOU'RE AWAKE! IS THESE FOR REAL!" she shouted and stands up.

"YAH! LISAYAH! BE QUIET!" Unnie said.

"UNNIE! JENNIE IS AWAKE!" She shouted.

Unnie goes out of bed and goes towards me.

"YOU'RE AWAKE!" She shouted with joy.

They kept on mumbling things and I speak.

"Wa-water." I said.

"Oh, right here, let me help you." Lisa said.

"I'll call the doctor." Said unnie and left.

Minutes had passed, Jisoo unnie came back. The doctor checks me and Lisa waits at the side patiently.

"Are you okay Mrs. Manoban?" Ask the doctor.

"Yes." I answered.

"Okay, you don't feel any pain?"

"No."

"Okay, Lisa, Jennie is okay but she still needed to be confined to check furthermore. We will test her for a while and when everything is good and fine, and when she feels better and strong we can discharge her." The doctor said.

"Okay, thanks again doc." Lisa said.

The doctor left and Lisa walks towards me.

"I'll tell them that Jennie is awake." Unnie said and go out of the room to make a phone call.

"I'm glad that you're awake now Nini." Lisa said.

"I missed you." She added.

"I missed you too. I love you."

"I love you too Nini."

"Thank you for saving us. I really owe you a lot." I said.

"Your welcome. I'll always be at your side Nini. I would always protect you." She said and kissed my forehead.

"I know. I promise to be more stronger and braver. I will protect you too." I said.

She smiled and Jisoo unnie unnie comes in.

"They are all coming." Unnie said with a big smile.

She hugs me and I hug her back.

"Missed you Jenduek." She said.

"I missed you too, but you won't eat all the milk ice cream around the world right?" I said mentioning what she threatened me when I was in a coma.

"You heard that?"

"of course, I heard everything that you are talking about. Eat all the ice cream and I won't cook chicken for you." I said.

Lisa laughs.

"You too! I'm not savage!" I said.

"Eh? Did I say that? Opppss sorry my bad." Lisa said.

"I'm glad that you're awake now Jenduekie." Said unnie.

We talk about what I missed from the part one and a half months. Didn't know I was sleeping that long. Jisoo unnie told me about Naeun, Sana's daughter and her plan on adopting the kid. Sana is dead and I wasn't able to say thank you to her for helping us.  They said uncle is dead too, kinda happy and sad. Happy that no one will hurt us and sad coz I don't even know.

"Jennie!" Irene unnie shouted as she goes into the room.

She hugs me and I hug her back.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm fine now unnie."

"Mommy."

"Ella, come here." I said and pat the space next to me.

Lisa helps her to climb the bed.

"I missed you mommy. You sleep for so long. I got bored. Uncle Bambam is not fun to be with." Said Ella.

"Hey! I am fun to be with. You even enjoyed playing legos with me." Bambam said that made us all laugh.

"Sorry, mommy won't sleep that long ever again." I said and kissed her checks.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise." I said.

Everyone else greeted me and hug me. I saw Jisoo unnie with another kid. Maybe that's Naeun.

"Naeun she's my sister Jennie and Jennie, these is my Naeun." She said.

Oh, claiming Naeun as hers already.

"Hi Naeun nice to meet you."

"Hi. Nice to meet you too." She shyly said.

We continue our talk and the kids play on the other bed. Hours had past and it was already night. They all left and it was just me and Lisa.

"Are you hungry?" She asks.

"We just eat Lisayah. You gave me a lot of food." I said.

"Kekeke, Mianhe Nini." She said.

"Why are you not sleeping properly and why are you skipping meals Lisayah?" I seriously ask.

"Hmmm, don't give me a homily Nini. I just can't really sleep and I lost my appetite in eating every time." She said and pout.

"But still, look at you, you lost weight." I said.

"I promise I won't skip meals and I will sleep on time." She said.

"Make sure of that Lili."

"I promise Nini."

She stared at me and smiles.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask.

"I'm just really really happy that you're awake now."

-

Edited.