Chapter Forty-Six: Sleep

Lisa's POV

"It's done. We're free now." Appa said.

I exhaled.

"I thought I would die already." I said.

"I won't let that." Appa said.

"Lisa..." A faint voice said.

Sh*t Jennie.

Me and Appa go to her and slowly remove the chains around her.

"You're okay now." I said.

"Thank you." She said with a quiet voice.

As she said that she slowly closed her eyes. She passed out!

I carried her and bring her out of that f*ck*ng building. An ambulance is outside and nurses help me.

"Go there already Lisayah, I'll follow. The others are there too." Appa said and I nodded.

I ride on the ambulance too and we left immediately.

I hope nothing bad will happen to you Nini.
She has a lot of bruises, cuts, and chain marks. She looks so pale. She won't feel these ever again. No one will hurt my family.

We reach the hospital and they brought her to the ICU. I just wait outside thinking about my Nini.

"DADA!" Someone shouted.

My Ella.

I turn around and saw a running Ella. I carried her and hug her tight.

"I missed you Dada." She sobs.

"I missed you too my princess. Are you okay?" I ask and wipe her tears away.

"Yes, but I don't want to go back there anymore. I don't want to see uncle anymore. He hurts mommy and Jisoo unnie in front of me." She cried.

That devil!

"Don't worry princess, you won't ever go back there and no one will ever hurt you and mommy ever again, oh and Jisoo unnie too." I said.

"I love you Dada." She said.

"I love you too."

"Lisa." It was Irene unnie.

"Unnie, are you okay?"

"Yes I am. Where's Jennie?"

"She is inside, they are checking her. I hope she is fine unnie." I said.

"I know she will be fine. She is strong." Said unnie.

I smiled at her.

"Where is Jisoo unnie? Is she okay?"

"She is in her room, she got confined and the doctor will check her if there are fractures or anything."

I nodded.

Dara came and ask how was I, I told her I am okay and she left with Ella. One hour and fifteen minutes had past and the doctor came out. I stand up and ask her how is my wife.

"She is okay, she doesn't have any fracture and problem in her organs... But her body got shocked by the electric thing, she might not yet wake up. In short, she'll be in a coma."

I got shock by what the doctor said.

"When will she wake up then?"

"I'm not sure, maybe after days, weeks, months. But if she doesn't wake up yet after eight months...... Her brain might get affected by the shock and it may cause serious illness."

F*ck.

"Thanks, doc." I said.

"We will transfer your wife in a private room then you can visit her." Said the doctor and left.

I deeply breathe.

"Hey, it will be okay." Irene Unnie said.

"I hope so Unnie, I hope she'll get better easily." I said.

"I know she will."

We are now in Jennie's private room which is next to Jisoo's. I just stare at my sleeping wife and caressing her hair.

"Nini, I missed you. I hope you'll wake up tomorrow." I said.

Someone knocks and it was Appa.

"Hi, how are you?"

"I'm good, I guess."

"I talk to the doctor and she told me of Jennie's condition. She'll get better. She's a strong girl." Said Appa.

"I know Appa."

I told Appa to look at Jennie first and visited Jisoo Unnie. As I go towards the other room, I saw Ella and another kid sleeping at the other bed.

"Who's that?" I ask pointing at the kid.

"That is Naeun, she's Sana's daughter." Dara said.

"How old is she?" I ask.

"She's four." She said.

"What will happen to her?" I ask.

Dara shrugs her shoulder and the same goes with Irene unnie.

"Lisa."

"Unnie, you're awake. How are you?" I ask and go near her.

"I'm good. Guys, can you leave me and Lisa first."

They left and I help Jisoo Unnie to sit down.

"How's Jennie?"

"She is fine but she's in a coma." I said.

"What? Why?"

"The doctor said that her body got shocked by the electric that was forced to her." I said.

"Sorry, I didn't protect my sister."

"Hey, don't say that Unnie. At least we safe already, no one will ever hurt you and Jennie." I said.

"Thanks, monkey."

"Umma, no." Naeun mumbles in her sleep.

"What will happen to her? Her parents are both dead." Jisoo Unnie said looking at Naeun.

"I don't know unnie." I said.

We fell into silence.

"Lisa." Jisoo Unnie called me.

"Ne unnie? Do you need anything?"

"What if... I adopt Naeun?"

Her question got me shock.

"Are you sure? I mean, if you want too." I said.

"Yeah, I want too. But I'll talk to her first." Said Unnie.

"Okay Unnie."

-

The next day came and Ella visited Jennie.

"Dada, when will mommy wake up?" She asks.

"Soon princess. Mommy will wake up from her sleep."

-

Edited