Chapter Forty: Words of Wisdom

Lisa's POV

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. F*ck*ng sh*t!

I shouldn't tell IU unnie to follow us in the company. I shouldn't have left them. I shouldn't have thought that it was okay to leave them with the guards.

Ella was first lost, now Jisoo Unnie and Irene Unnie. I also lost Mama Yoli. F*ck that Bae!

"You're already a lot but you failed to protect them! How can someone go in and out of this mansion when there are a lot of guards here!" I shouted on the guards.

"Sorry Mrs. Manoban." They all said.

"Get out of here! Go back to your work! This time, make sure no one gets to go in here. Arasso?"

No one answered.

"ARASSO?!" I shouted.

They all got startled and answered.

"Yes Ma'am."

They all left and I just stand in the middle of the mansion's backyard. I hope everything was just a dream.

After some time, I decided to head back inside. I saw Seulgi in the living room.

"Hey, everything will be alright." She said.

"Thanks bear, I hope so." I said.

I told her to stay here too, that Bae might also involve Seulgi and I don't want that.

I walk past her and walk towards our room, I saw Umma there caressing my wife's hair.
She saw me and stands up, she opened her arm and I walk towards her to give her a hug.

"Calm down dear. I saw you shouting at the guards a while ago. Everything will be alright." Umma said.

Umma has just know everything, about me and Jennie getting married forcefully and all.

"Sorry, we didn't tell you everything early." I said.

"It's okay. What matters now is Jennie, Jisoo, Irene and Ella. We need to protect them." Umma said.

"Yes Umma, rest now." I said.

"Okay, you too." She said.

She headed out and I lie down beside my wife. Her eyes are still puffy. I feel bad for leaving her earlier today. I wish I just stayed beside her.

She moves a little.

"No! Please, stop! I'm sorry." Jennie said while she's asleep.

She's having her nightmare again. Its the first time in a while.

She continued to mumble things and she started to cry. I shake her to wake her up. She still didn't.

"Jennie, wake up. It's just a dream." I said.

I tried everything and she's not yet waking up. I pulled her up and she opened her eyes crying.

"Shhh, it's just a nightmare Nini. Please stop crying." I said.

"It feels so real." She said.

I hug her. I said nothing and waited for her to calm down.

After a while, she stops crying.

I look at her and said.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry?" She asks.

"For not being here with you. For not protecting you. For failing to protect the four of you." I said.

"No, stop saying that. You did everything Lili. You've helped us a lot. Don't blame yourself."

"No, I should be blamed, Jennie. I thought it was okay to leave you three here with just guards but it wasn't."

"Lili please stop." She said.

I just stare at her.

"You could have not done this Lisa. But you did. You and Appa did help me, us. You help my Jisoo unnie, you saved her life. Your Appa tried to protect us back then. Your Appa help in getting Ella and Irene unnie from him. You help a lot, you help me to be braver. You help me to have hope. You help me to trust people again. And you help me to love. Ao please stop saying that. You've done a lot."

I smiled at what she said.

"Thank you Nini. I just don't want to fail you."

"You never fail me Lili. What's happening now, it's just a challenge for me, for us. We can go through this. I know these will end." She said.

Maybe words of wisdom are all I need.

"I love you Nini."

"I love you too Lili."

-
Waking up the next day with my wife still beside me. She's hugging Ella's unicorn.

I miss Ella. I hope she's okay. I hope I can find her.

I stand up and freshen up myself. After taking a bath, I headed out of the bathroom.

"I thought you left." My Nini said.

"No, I won't leave after what happened yesterday." I said.

I gave her a good morning kiss and I told her to go directly at the dining after she freshens up. Reaching the kitchen, Chaeng's eyes are swollen. She cried.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"No, I should not go with IU unnie yesterday. Then maybe Jichu and Irene unnie would still be here." She said.

Now my chipmunk needs a word of wisdom.

"Stop saying that. We never expect what will happen." I said.

"Still."

"Don't lose hope. We can find them. We will fight these challenges." I said.

"Thank you Lisayah, I didn't know you can advise like that."

"Yah! I just don't wanna see you cry. You look ugly." I try to let her smile.

"Stop it!" She said.

"Okay okay, the both of us just need some words of wisdom."

-

Hey guys! How are you all?  Hope you're all safe. BTW, I'm curious of what country are you guys are from, can you comment down bellow? So I would know hehe. Kamsamnida!

Edited.