Chapter Six: Sick

Lisa's POV

I'm currently here at my office with a loaded of works to do. After the incident the other night, I realize something very important that I need to make a move or do something.

Jennie, well she smiles a lot, talks a lot and I also heard her laugh sometimes. But she only shows it when she's with the Annoying Chickin and Hungry Chipmunk.

I really need to know her better. I wanted to be her friend..... 

I was back in my senses when someone shouted.

"Yah! Lisa!"

"Seulgi you don't need to shout you know." I said and continue signing some papers.

"I called you many times and you are just staring at the wall so I shouted." She explained.

"Tell me why are you here? don't tell me there are a lot of works to do." I whined.

"Nope, there's no more, your dad is outside waiting." 

"Let him in and you could have your lunch break Seulgi." I told her.

"Okay, bye." 

I bid my goodbye and continue doing my work. 

"How's my daughter?" Appa asks.

"Good, just a lot of works to do." I answered.

"How's Jennie?" 

"She's good, she's quiet. And something got revealed the other night." I told him.

"Hmm? What was it?" 

"Jennie, she's the lost sister of Jisoo Unnie."

Appa didn't say anything and he doesn't look surprised.

"Hey, appa, you alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"By the way, why are you here?" 

"Well, your Umma is inviting you and Jennie to eat dinner at our house later."

"Okay, I'll tell Jennie about it."

"Okay, I'll go ahead. see you later. and I have something to tell, its really important." Appa said.

I nodded ad bid my goodbye.

What important thing will he tell me? 

I just continued my work when my phone ring. I didn't bother to look at the caller and just answered it.

L: Hello?
J: L-li-s-sa
L: Jennie? Are you okay?
J: I-I'm col-cold
L: Huh? Okay, I'll go home now.

I ended the call by saying bye. I immediately go out of my office and run to the elevator to go down the parking area. I go in my car and drive to M Condominium.

I'm really worried about what happens to Jennie. I hope my wife is okay.

Reaching M Condo I used my private elevator to reach the penthouse. Going in, I didn't see Jennie anywhere. I go to our room and saw her lying down on our bed with the comforter covering all her body and she's shaking. I go near her and put my palm on her forehead.

"Jennie you're so hot." I said.

"Li-Lisa?" 

"Yes, it's me Jennie. wait I'll just adjust the temperature." I told her and adjust the temperature here in our room.

"Are you still cold?" I ask and sit next to her.

She nodded in reply.

I go to our walk-in-closet and find a sweater. I got my yellow sweater and go back to Jennie.

"Here, wear this."

I help her to get up and help her in wearing the sweater.

"Did you already eat lunch?" 

"No, did you?" She asks.

"Not yet."

"I will cook."

"No you won't, you need to rest. You have a fever."

"NO, I'm okay." Since when did she get stubborn?

"Jennie don't be stubborn and rest." I told her and help her to lie down again.

"Sorry." She suddenly said.

"Why?"

"I disturb you from work, I know you don't want to be disturb when your working." She slowly said.

"It's okay, now go to sleep I'll cook some chicken soup."

She nodded and closed her eye. I check everything first before going out of the room. I go to our kitchen and find some ingredients for the chicken soup. Well, that's the only thing I can do.

Before starting I texted Seulgi that I can't go back to the office because of Jennie being sick. Putting down my phone I started in making chicken soup.

After cooking, I put it in a bowl and bring it to Jennie. I put it in the side table and wake Jennie up.

"Jen, wake up you need to eat."

"I don't want to." She said and nuzzle more to her pillow.

"But you need to eat something."

She didn't move and I just sit next to her.
She looks pale. Skinny. And... She has a fresh cut on her wrist.

"Lisa. You okay?"

"Huh? Yes." I told her.

She's already sitting.

"Jennie, wh-why are you hurting yourself?" I ask that made her look surprised.

She looks down and said.
"I-I'm sorry, ple-please don't beat me."

"Why would I beat you? Does your uncle doesn't treat you right?"

"An-aniyo, he treats me like his own daughter."

Lies. She's telling a lie.

"Jen, I want you to be honest to me. Tell me everything. Not now, I know I'm still a stranger to you."

"Thank you." She said and look at me.

"Did Jisoo Unnie told you of what happened to her before?" I ask her.

"No, do you know?" She asks and I nodded.

"Ca-can you tell me what is it." She requested.

"Sorry, I can't, I respect her."

She nodded.

"Eat this, I cook this one."  I told her bringing the soup in my lap.

"Huh? You cook it? Didn't you burn our kitchen?"

She said our kitchen. Its the first time  she said something that she also owned.

"Yah, that's the only thing I can cook. Now eat." I said putting the spoon in front of her mouth.

"I can fee-." I didn't let her finish and put the spoon in her mouth.

"Ouch! Lisayah, it's hot." She complained.

"Huh? Sorry, I'll blow it this time." I said and blow the soup for her.

After feeding her, I let her sleep again. Going out of the room I called my appa.

A: Hello Lis
L: Hi appa, I have something to tell you.
A: What is it?
L: We couldn't make it  to the dinner later. Sorry
A: Huh? Wae?
L: Jennie is sick.
A: Really? How did you know?
L: I go home when she called me
A: Ahh, okay. I'll tell it to your Umma.
L: Gomawo. Take care Appa.
A: Yes I will, take good care of Jennie. Bye

He ended the call.

I know everything about you, Jennie Kim. I will help you, my Wife.

-

Edited.