Preface

Preface

The events of this story take place 10 years after The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017). Link in this story has tamed all 4 Divine Beasts, conquered all 120 Shrines plus the Champion's Ballad Shrines, managed to get a house for himself as well as assist with building Tarrey Town, claimed the Master Sword and awakened its power through the Master Trials, and has defeated Calamity Ganon. Link did all of this in a total time of 5 in-game months. Link managed to gather all 900 Korok seeds after defeating Calamity Ganon. I have written this story to apply to the Zelda canon as accurately as possible.

This fanfic started writing on December 18, 2019. I finished writing this on March 29, 2020. I have based this story off of a Dungeons and Dragons campaign that I hosted from April 9, 2019 to March 1, 2020. The only references to the upcoming Sequel to Breath of the Wild (202?) are taken from the first E3 trailer. Any other plot points that could appear in the upcoming game are purely coincidental.

Every location in this fanfiction belongs to Nintendo, and any names referencing other locations from the Zelda universe are all based off of Nintendo's property. Almost every character in this fanfiction belongs to Nintendo, unless they are original characters. Original characters were created by the players of the DnD campaign. Any other original character names are courtesy to the website known as Fantasy Names Generator, or fantasynamesgenerator.com.

There is a lyrical song written in Chapter 7 which was performed and written by the YouTuber known as Lizz Robinett.

I have put a lot of effort into this fan fiction, as it is 551 pages long. I implore you to read it in its entirety, as I feel very proud of myself in making this. If you have any questions, comments, or revisions you would like to bring to my attention about this fanfiction, you can ask me on my Instagram @arthur_aesthetic or on my Twitter @Sir_Likes_A_Lot.